Effectiveness:

Mumbai, Maharashtra, India India
Not good
May 01, 2015 10:36 AM 2623 Views (via Mobile)
(Updated May 01, 2015 10:36 AM)

Effectiveness:

This won't be much of a review. I tried one this morning in my'66 Super Speed. All the typical beard prep was in play. Today was a Proraso day, pre/post and soap. I do a standard 3 pass WTG/XTG/ATG shave, but I didn't even get through half of the first pass. Do be fair, I favor Astra SP& Gillette 7 o'clock(yellows). Anyway, the blade tugged WTG for the first 3 movements on my right cheek.

I went with it and soldiered on. By the time I got through with my face& chin, it was noticably rough and slightly irritated. I didn't chance it on my neck because typically it is very sensitive.

I grabbed another razor that was loaded with a 3 shave old Gillette yellow and the difference was huge. At three shaves old the blade was sharper than the Supermax.

I know this is a serious YMMV post and to be fair I compare the Supermax Titaniums with Derby and Bluebirds. I know a lot of folks love those blades and in the end may love this one too.

For the record, I despise the Supermax Titaniums, Derby's and Bluebirds. I would rather shave with an open flame than ever use one of the three mentioned blades again. There wasn't much posted on these blades, thus I felt the need to ramble on about them.

SuperMax Blades