Network:

Drop calls
Sep 12, 2006 10:50 PM 2338 Views

Network:

Charges and Billing:

Two weekends ago I got married and moved into my new apartment with my wife. We have both been using SunCom for about a year and a half with no promblems. At our new location, our cell phones get no service within the apartment and poor service outside the apartment with constant drop calls. I stop by one of the SunCom stores in Savannah, Ga and told them my situation. They told me that SunCom does not gaureentee service indoors andthere is nothing I can do until my contract is up. In a nice way, they basically said for me to suck it up untill my contract is up.

On Saterday, Sept 9, 2006, I was on call for my job for the hospital. Of course if the hospital did call me, I would have not gotten the call because my cell phone does not get service in my apartment. I drove to a place where my phone does have service and call SunCom and explain to them my situation. I talk to Shannon ext:40103 and explained that I needed to cancel my contract because I need to get a phone that can provide service. She said that they could not do anything about my contract, but I could pay the $200 to end my contract. I explained to her that I shouldn't have to pay the $200 because SunCom is the one that can't provide the service to me and that a contract could easily be disregarded in special cases like this one.

I then talk to her boss Collin ext:44436, and he basically said the same thing. I also explain that I have never had a promblem until I moved and that I don't search for an apartment based upon my cell phone service, especially when the maps show that SunCom provised service to that area. When I ask if they have ever lifted a contract without the person paying the $200, he said that he could not commit. When I ask if I can talk to his boss, he informed me that he was as high as I could go and that I could not keep going up the ladder until I got an answer that I wanted.

So for now I am telling all of my friends not to join SunCom and everytime I lose service, I explain to the party I'm talking to that SunCom does not respect their customers and provide poor service. I'm already looking for a new cell phone provider that can provide great service.

SunCom Mobile Operator