Network:

Charges and Billing:

SPICE-A BAD TASTE
May 06, 2009 03:42 AM 7741 Views
(Updated May 08, 2009 02:55 AM)

Network:

Charges and Billing:

*IF YOU WANT BAD TASTE IN CELL PHONE SERVICE-USE SPICE

SPICE TELECOME HAD ITS SEVICE RESTRICTED TO PUNJAB IN 1996-97.I HAD THE WORST EXPERIENCE OF MY LIFE FROM THIS SERVICE PROVIDER.One of my sons had a heart stroke in April 1997.It was Sunday and all my family was in the hospital .At lunch time my younger son(with whom I am now in Toronto) visited home where a courier wala delivered to him A BILL FOR CELL PHONE TOWARDS CALL CHARGES FOR CELL PURPORTED TO BE USED BY ME.IT WAS FOR ONE MONTH AND CHARGES WERE OVER FEW THOUSANDS. He brought the bill to me in the hospital.

When Isaw the bill Iwas stunned because I neither had ANY CELL PHONE NOR EVER USED ONE.CELL PHONES WERE LUXURIES THOSE DAYS. THIS WAS THE FIRST BILL WHICH WAS IN FACT MEANT TO CONFIRM THE USER AS WELL AS TO GET PAYMENT.

Iwent through the bill. It had my name, cell no, my ration card and a landline BSNL phone number was used for identification.Except the ration card number none of the other details were mine.I called the lanline line. It was replied by a lady living in nearby colony. I called the SPICE Dealer.I called him to my home telling him that I wanted to clarify some point with him. He came to my residece. Then I told him that I had no cell phone and no service then why the bill has been raised against me?I also aked him when I had never applied for any connection How was the connection issued in my name?

In fact in our colony the ration depot wala used to have all cards with him.We used to take only kerosene and sugar on the card . As the days were not fixed so he had kept all the cards of our area with him and when he was giving kerosene/sugar he would intimate. This man had been in league with antisocial elements. He used my card to get a SPICE CELL ISSUED INMY NAME BY IMPERSONATING ME. We called the cell no. and the person replied from JULLUNDER . When we enquired his name etc he switched off. I told the SPICE dealer to get that phone and get his employee who signed that application form for cell connection. He said he will look into it. Then I tried that COMPANY to provide me the details of phone calls. Which they declined and when my son raised hue and cry in their head office they gave the details.

Now I wanted to find the user. The spice dealer kept silent. Then I issued him a registered letter that he played fraud with me and that I shall be taking legal action if he does not bring his employee to book. I sent a complaint to the Police wing dealing with revenuse and ciber frauds. But not much was done by the police either.

In the meanwhile I went on connecting with all the Phone Numbers listed in the Bill. All calls were made within two days.There were STD calls to AHMEDABAD and from Ahmedabad. From there I came to know that one ANIL KUMAR was using the phone. I also contacted pther Numbers on the list ad finally I could trace that ANIL KUMAR was the son of a retireds ASI and was friend of ration depot vendor. I filed F.I.R.against the RATION DEPOT VENDOR charging him with 420, , tempering with my property, impersonation, destroying my property(Ration Card), breach of trust and theft(removal of somebody's property without his knowledge amounts to theft).

The ration depot vendor filed a complaint against me with SSP Ludhiana with copies to M.P. and SUPREME COURT alleging that I was threatening him to give me ration free of charge and since he could not do so the F.I.R.aginst him was filed.But he was arrested for destroying my ration card and was released when he could get my duplicate card issued to me.The case was filed bu the police aagainst two accused-ANIL KUMAR and -singh.The depotwala was nowhere mentioned in police files. As Anil Kumar was a Anti-Social Element having political backing got bail but during bail he was shot in daytime near his residence. The other fellow was a very poor boy and in the court I stated that he was neither known to me nor I had filed complaint against him, So he is acquitted last year.

The SPICE issued me a letter that the bill charges were waived off and that no further chrges would ever be billed against me.

THIS IS WAHAT I EXPERIENCED WITH SPICE TELECOM. So BE ON YOUR ALERT.*