Parking:

Mata Camera Service @ S.P. Road, Bangalore
Aug 07, 2014 04:44 PM 6954 Views

Parking:

Store Range:

I would like to share my bitter experience with this service provider.  On 22/7/14 I visited this SERVICE  CENTRE with my Sony camera to get the battery compartment flap fixed which had broken due to the extra pressured applied while trying to open it .

An upfront amount of Rs. 300/- was collected towards service charges and I was told that they would call me after 2 days to tell me about their findings about the camera.  The call came only after a week ie., on 29/7/14 ( in the meanwhile I had called them twice to know the status and they were still dodging me) and I was told that the entire battery compartment had broken and it had to be replaced with the moulding done on the broken flap and it would cost Rs. 1, 550/-.  I gave the  go ahead and it was promised that it would be ready in the next two days and an sms would be sent to my mobile.  The sms came only on 5/8/14 and I went there to collect the camera on 6/8/14.  All this while, I had totally forgotten about the Memory stick(4 GB) which was left behind in my camera.  On collecting the camera, I found that the Memory stick was missing and when enquired about it I was told that no memory stick was found  on the camera.

Moreover, I wasn’t satisfied with the job done on my camera.  It was looking totally unprofessional and the button on the flap was not fixed leaving an ugly hole.  The person at the counter justified this by saying that the spare was not available and hence it had to be left the way it was. There was an exchange of words on this subject, when the owner Mr. Vijay intervened to suggest to me with arrogance  that he would return the camera in its earlier state by undoing whatever was done to it and return all the money . It is here that I suspected some foul play and that is why he dared to undo all that was done to the camera becoz he had already recovered Rs. 1, 000/- from my Memory Stick.  Incidentally, I also found that the battery compartment was not touched instead I was told that the power pcb had been replaced.

Friends, see how they were changing colors.  They do not even give you an official bill for all this.  Hence,  my only request to you friends is that  do not leave any accessories with your camera , lest it should be wacked at this service centre.  Also be prepared to get fleeced by this so-called  authorized service provider.  ALL THIS AMOUNTS TO CHEATING AND NOTHING ELSE, hence BEWARE!!

Sony Service Center - Bangalore