Parking:

Extremely poor service
Sep 06, 2016 09:44 PM 5376 Views

Parking:

Store Range:

I had a very bad expereiecne with the Sony service. Il allow my email correspondence with them to explain my frustration. Unfortunately this email correspondence with them will only share light on my frustration only as its is very one sided. Apparently even the Sony management doesn't care about its customers

Mail 1: Me to Sony: Aug 30th

Dear Sir / Madam,

I am writing this mail to share with you my extremely gruesome experience with your service.

What adds to this gruesome experience is that I willingly chose to by a Sony Mobile phone despite every friend, forum, blog etc telling me not to. From being a proud owner of a Bravia & a PS4, I am now a worried owner. Worried on how poorly I will be handled in the odd chance either the TV or my console malfunctions.

After giving my phone for service at Sonnet Care-Banglaore on 3 Aug, and after being promised the phone in 10 Days, I hesitantly agreed to pay a 50% deposit of 5K. Its been 27 Days and 5 Followups from my end and I always get a standard reply of " We need 4 more days".

(Service ID 16080301761)

Neither is the team apologetic neither do they care about my plight.

I haven't received a single call from your team requesting for more time or intimating me of a delay.

I am not sure if 27 Days is a standard in phone services, but I get my car repaired in a week. Im sure its a more complex machine than a phone. I believe this simply shows how focused you are towards your customers.

Such poor and intentional disregard for a customer should be made known to all.

I hope this mail does some good in getting my phone soon.( Nothing else seems to work).

If anyone of you reading this cares a little for the company you work for either in India or away, please I am begging please help me get my phone back.

Mail 2: Sony to Me: Aug 31

Dear( My name),

Greetings from Sony India.

Thank you for patronizing Sony products.

This is in response to your e-mail dated 30th August 2016, addressed to our Management in India and Abroad.

Thank you for writing to us and for bringing the matter to our notice. We note the contents of your mail with due attention and concern . We are asking our regional office to immediately look into the matter and expedite resolution at the earliest.

We sincerely regret the inconvenience caused to you and assure you of our best support and attention always.

Best Regards

For Sony India Pvt Ltd.

Shikha Dhar

Customer Relations - Corporate Office

New Delhi

Mail 3: Me to Sony: Sept 1

Hi Shikha,

Thank you for your response.

Feels good to get some response finally.

An executive did get in touch with me yesterday. And he promised that the phone would be ready in 4 days.

And to my surprise I wasnt content with the response.

This is whats bugging me.

Do you know why I am emailing you at this time in the night?

Its because I don't have my phone with me. I am currently using what one may qualify as a semi smart phone which barely manages to receive whatsapp messages. And I chose to use this phone only after being duped into believing i'd get my Z3 compact back in 10 Days. This inconvenience Im going through should count for something. A apology just doesnt seem fit.

Your executive kept repeating that he would do every thing in his power to get the phone in 4 days. As if his additional effort was was to compensate for my inconvenience, while it simply isn't. This is a simple legal transaction. I pay for a service and you deliver the phone - no ones compensating for anyone. Except in this case, I have been made to reply to mails at this time of the night, been forced to ask colleagues to book me an uber, use my office laptop to shop online, disconnect from my friends who use "line", book movie tickets from my wife's phone, and I cant even remember googling something in the last 30 days. Now I dont know if all these mean anything to you but it means a whole lot to me.

I obviously damaged the phone so cant really complaint about the first 10 days that was promised. So I'm going to ask you the same thing I asked your executive " How am I being compensated for the inconvenience I have been put through with a 20 day delay in delivery?"( Phones not yet delivered)

Looking forward to your reply.

Mail 4: Me to Sony: Sept 6

Hi Shikha,

I am wondering why I haven't got a response from you.

Simply acknowledging my concern isn't the same as solving it.

Its been a week since I have registered this complaint.

And still haven't got confirmation that my phone is ready yet.

Also I am awaiting your response on my previous mail.

Sony has been testing my patience. Any more will not be tolerated.

Please respond.

I hope the above correspondence gives you an image of how horrible their service is.

I have never posted a review online but my experience has pushed me to do so.

Thus sincerely hope this will help you to reconsider before you opt to buy any sony product.

Sony Service Center - Bangalore