Handy:

Sona

Citi baja rahi hai
Apr 21, 2005 03:05 PM 6915 Views
(Updated Apr 21, 2005 03:06 PM)

Handy:

Review : I use pressure cookers on a daily basis. So does every member of my family. We have pressure cookers of all shapes and sizes. Pressure Pan is what we use most of the time, cause its not so deep and you can bhuno the masalas as well as cook inside this type of vessel. All the pressure cookers have this nagging problem of the handle coming loose and eventually breaking. I was sick and tired of complaints whenever someone decided to make a chicken curry or mutton biryani. So I came across this add in the papers, yes you guessed it exchange scheme. Bring in any old pressure cooker in any condition and take a new pressure cooker, 400 Rs off. So off I went with my old prestige cooker. At the shop as usual I asked for prestige but the salesperson was very reluctant to make a prestige sale , I contributed his behavior to the large cut he must be getting on the other brands. He took out something which I never have heard of before , a cooker from Sona. He said saab take this trust me. I kept looking at prestige, he kept insisting. He said saab this is for Rs 1100 and prestige is for 1300 onwards. I was still not convinced. Then he said something that turned me around, he said saab prestige ka handle baar baar nikal ayega or apko parishan kar ke rakhega. This sounded very familiar. The handle of sona pressure cooker is bakelite made(hard) but it is not directly attached to the metal body, there is a metal extension and then comes the handle. This stops the bakelite handle from being too near the flame and hence no cracks or heating up, and it remains fixed as the fixture does not melt. Just exchanged one cooker to try it out and I tell you I only have sona cookers in my house now thanks to Huns appliance stores off MG Road Pune. An elderly gentleman gave my mother a lot of tips on how effectively the pressure cooker can be used. Good show. Happy cooking, I thing the deal is still on if anyone is interested.

Sona Pressure Cooker