Accessibility:

Hotels / Accommodation:

Safety:

Unshakeable Fort
May 18, 2006 05:50 PM 6468 Views
(Updated May 18, 2006 05:50 PM)

Accessibility:

Local Sightseeing:

Hotels / Accommodation:

Safety:

SINHAGAD : - If you are in or around POONA, you must try to take a trip to the nearby Sinhagad Fort. I stay in Mumbai but whenever I and my friends had a bigbreak we always go there even alone I have visited the fort on numerous times. Hence I know it very well

This fort is situated on a mountain, which offers us a excellent birds eye view from the top of it. It is situated about 28-29 kms from Pune the Poona city. People like to trek the fort. To reach to the base of the Sinhagad fort from the city we can also board a local transport bus [Pune Municipal Transport ] which we can alight from Bajirao Road to the base of Sinhagad.

Old enginnering structures of the fort are marvellous which reminds us the Glory fo the Maratha kingdom 3 centuries ago. Sinhagad was one of the most iportant and the strategic fort of the Maratha empire during Shri Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj`s era. You will also get to see TV transmission Tower installed by the Government of Maharashtra in the vicinity Sinhagad fort.

For foodies, one gets the chance to taste the rural food which is very delicious, which consists of Onion Bhaji, buttermilk, bhaakri, Pithale and many variety.

A trip to Sinhagad is highly recommended by me to all of you who lives for adventure.

NOTE :- Bit dangerous road, Not much of shelter & No toilet facilities available :- Thats what I call adventorous .

Sinhagad