Siemens

Bangalore India
The phone that's just a phone
Sep 12, 2005 10:58 AM 1963 Views
(Updated Sep 12, 2005 11:25 AM)

I picked up my C55 in March '04 at a decent price of Rs.5300/-. All I wanted was a no frills, inexpensive phone with decent features.

Features that were a strict no-no were: [ all these came at a premium ]

1. Color screen

2. Camera

3. Bluetooth

4. Lots of memory with a provision for expansion

5. Infrared

Features that were required were:

1. Call screening

2. Voice calling

3. EMS [Enhanced Messaging. supports 760 char in the SMS]

4. Decent sized address book

5. WAP

6. GPRS [ with gprs support, u can get wap-over-gprs which is faster than regular wap ]

7. Good standby time [ Make sure u turn off the backlight ]

8. Faster charging time

9. Decent talktime

10. Voice commands. [ I could turn the backlight on and off with a voice command ]

11. T9

I looked at the Nokia 1100, Siemens C55, some model of Benq that had got introduced with a color screen. Of all the three, the C55 came loaded with all the features that I wanted. If someone wanted a comparison between a siemens phone and a nokia or sony ericsson, I'd say nokia/sony ericsson was Microsoft Windows and siemens was linux in the cellular world. The C55 is also a very sturdy phone and I have accidentally dropped my phone so many times and still it works beautifully. A problem that you might encounter is that many of the messages ur cellular provider might send are nokia and sony ericsson specific so u might think its a disadvantage, like the feature where nokia and sony ericsson phones display the area where u are, on the screen.

Write a Review on Siemens C55