40-C, 3rd Floor, 2nd Avenue, Anna Nagar, Chennai 600040, TN

+91-9025137296, +91-44-42057867, +91-44-32956655

So over-hyped, so over-priced
Feb 09, 2016 11:22 PM 4383 Views

I have been living in Chennai for the past one year. Being a North Indian, finding a restaurant which serves authentice North Indian cuisine is a herculean task.  I had heard a lot about this restaurant and its THALI from some people, and so was looking for some occasion to pay it a visit and enjoy the food.

In the first week of Jan, 2016, my kid brother came from Banglore to stay with me for a couple of days. So one fine evening, when I was not in the mood to cook, I decided to take him there.

Its very easy to locate. If you are coming from Thirumanglam and going towards Roundthana, keep right.  Just after HOT Chips and Adyad Anand Bhawan, (near 12th Main Road), you will find the board of this Dhaba which is situated on the third floor of the building.

So we took the lift and reached the third floor which houses this Dhaba.  The ambiance was not great - just average.  It was not very crowded, so we found chairs easily.  The waitors were quick in providing the Menu-Card.  As we had come pre-decided that we wanted to try their Thali, we directly went to the part of Menu where Thalis were mentioned.

We were shocked to see the price of the Thali. Basically they provide three types of thalis:

1. Rajasthani Thali(Rs. 175/-):

2. Rajwadi Thali(Rs. 230/-)

3. Special Rajsthani Thali(Rs. 280/-)

This was ridiculous!  Who charges Rs. 280/- for a Thali?  As it was beyond our budget, we eliminated This thali from our list. Rajasthani Thali was cheaper, but with less no of items, wo we elminated that also and ordered Two Rajwadi Thali - one for myself, and the other for my brother.

The service was again quick -  they placed our thali within 5 mins of taking the order.  With great anticipation, we started taking food. But we were again in for a rude shock.

The food was completely tasteless!  Not a single item was good. I started recalling the names of people who had recomended me this Bakwas restaurant.

I will never recommend anyone to try this restaurant.  The Rajwadi thali should have priced at Rs. 100/- at max keeping in mind the quality of the food, but these people charge Rs. 230/- for this.  We returned sorry souls.:-(

Shri Rajasthani Dhaba - Anna Nagar - Chennai