Accessibility:

Local Sightseeing:

Hotels / Accommodation:

Safety:

Travel from pune to shirdi(own vehicle)
Oct 27, 2009 05:22 PM 6260 Views

Accessibility:

Local Sightseeing:

Hotels / Accommodation:

Safety:

I went through lot of surfing before I started my journey from car . Their are two routes Nasik highway and Ahmednagar. I would suggest go for Ahmednagar one evenif u stay chinchwad. The travelling distance from nasik highway is 174 kms and Nagar highway is 210 kms.

The travelling time is 5- 6 hrs one side. Pune to nagar is lot better than further. I would suggest if u dont want to touch many places u can also try to go in private bus which will be better option.

As people diriving on Nagar to shirdi . stretch are really odd ones.

Food would be preferred in ahmednagar. .Yash hotel, Sweet home for breakfast.

The road from Nagar to shirdi had nearly 25 - 30 diversions for every small strip of road.

While I am sure things will be better in next 6 months or 1 year time. My travel date is 25 november 2009.

While Pune nagar highway was also having 4 -5 such diversions where u need to drive not more than 20 km/hr speed.

Avoid weekend trips to shirdi as it is overcrowded. say 2 hrs min queue time to reach sai darbar.

Hope this will be some help to shirdi goers from pune.

Shirdi