Accessibility:

Safety:

bangalore india
Shirdi experience
Nov 23, 2005 04:34 AM 5611 Views
(Updated Nov 23, 2005 04:34 AM)

Accessibility:

Local Sightseeing:

Hotels / Accommodation:

Safety:

I travelled to shirdi from bangalore. I took a flight to Pune and the State Transport bus from there. To get the bus station I took a Autorickshaw. The meter showed 9.70 but I had to pay him Rs. 100. I felt like a fool for paying so. The bus was a mistake. I would have been better off with a private bus from one of those travel services outside the bus station or even a taxi with them. The bus was what they call the Asiad and it was for 5:30 hrs. Once I reached shirdi, everything was fine with the temple and darshan. You have to wake up really early(2:00 a.m?) to get anywhere near for Aarthi. I was just happy to get the darshan. The beggars and that too the little kids begging was a sad state. Made me think, how is this ever going to be controlled in this country. Begging is being passed down as heredity??? How are we ever going to be able to stop it??? If you cannot raise a child, why have one???? Anyways, got back on the road again and I was determined not to make the same mistake of taking the ST bus again, but this time, I had to again take the ST bus, because the private buses are not as frequent. This bus was even worse. It was a grade lower than the Asiad. I was sick to mu stomach the whole night with all that dust I had to breathe. The bus seemed fast with all the creaking noises. It got to pune in 5:30 hrs. I was determined to not get fooled by the Auto guy, so, got off the bus near to the airport this time. I would suggest to anyone to take one of those A/C buses, which actually cost the same as those ASIAD buses, and take less time. Good Luck.

Shirdi