Accessibility:

Local Sightseeing:

Hotels / Accommodation:

Safety:

My first visit to shirdi
Dec 04, 2008 05:40 PM 8266 Views

Accessibility:

Local Sightseeing:

Hotels / Accommodation:

Safety:

I am a great devotee fo sai baba. I live in faridabad. I started my journey to shirdi on 16th november from goa express from hzt. Nizammuddin (delhi) at 03.00 pm. I find this train one of the best train because the stoppages of the train were very few. I reached to kopargaon next day at 12 o clock afternoon. One thing i want to tell you that i went to shirdi alone because my friends were not able to catch the train from nizammuddin. After reaching shirdi i was well aware of this thing that auto rikshaw and taxis will charge a huge sum of money. So i speak to other old men, (who were also going to shirdi) to take one auto rikshah for three of us. They agreed and we caught a rikshah from kopargaon to shirdi for a fare of 150 for three. So i had to pay only 50 rs. For this. After reaching shirdi i was amazed to know that in shirdi all hotels does not give room to a single person. Then i speak to the old persons and they told me that shirdi sai sansthan has made a kind of dharmshala for visitors where i can get a room for one day in just 100 rs. Per day. But they will give one room to 5 persons. They we managed two other persons who were from andhra pradesh. After waiting for 5 hours we got room in bhakti niwas( dharmshala ) it was around 5 pm in the evening. After taking bath we reached to the tample.

I tell you one thing that november was not a peak season for shirdi but instead of this i find a huge crowd in tample. I got a place in tample for aarti but it was too far from sai samadhi. Even i saw the aarti in television situated in the temple. But that does not mean that i will complain about this because i was very much aware about these thing. Today, crores of devotee visit shirdi then how can we think that there would not be any kind of crowd. So it was crowded. There was only one thing in my mind and that i just want to touch the samadhi once. Then in the morning i again went to tample for kankad aarti and then in the morning i slept for a long time. Actually i had a shortage of time so in evening at 8 o clock in cought a taxi from shirdi to manmad in which i had to pay only 60 rs. One more thing, in shirdi the sansthan has made arrangement for the visitor to have there meals only in 5 rupees and tea in 2 rupees. This was amazing. After reaching manmad i cought jhelum express at 11 pm and next day i reached to faridabad at 8 o clock. It was a lovely journey and i thank god that they have given me the opportunity to see the shirdi the place where baba live and i have touch the sai samadhi. It was a greatest joyful movement of my life when i was inside the sai tample, shirdi.

One thing i want to say.

Baba ji par bharosa rakho hamesha. Chahe apne uper bharosa na rakho.

Shirdi