Cooling and Sound:

Reliabiity & Satisfaction:

Sharp

Worst AC ever purchased
May 23, 2018 06:19 PM 5973 Views (via Mobile)

Cooling and Sound:

Reliabiity & Satisfaction:

At the age of 55 years, I have had the experience of buying more than 25 air conditioners of all kinds during the last 30 years.

I must say this particular AC sold by Sharp AH-X18SST is the worst experience till date.

I had bought it 2 and half years ago and it worked well for a year but problems started almost as soon as 1 year was over.

I had to call for service after every 1 month because the AC started dripping water incessantly. The service guys tinkered all they could but the water dripping kept increasing and by the time the 2nd year was gone, ice formation started in the AC. When I asked the service guys, they said there is gas leakage in the inner unit and it can only be rectified by replacing the condenser coil at a cost of 11000 and I will have to pay because the warranty was over in 1st year itself. When I asked them how it can happen in a new AC they said it was a common problem with this model. I got the AC checked by other experienced mechanics as well but they said there is no choice.

I got the coil replaced and now after less than 1 year, the same problem is happening again. Clearly this was a badly manufactured and poorly designed product and I must say, it has made me lose trust on Japanese brands. I'd rather buy a Korean product.

Write a Review on Sharp AH-X18SST 1.5 Ton Split AC