Salary and Benefits

Job Security

Career Growth

Work Environment

CEO Rating

Not a good place for IT folks
Sep 22, 2010 12:57 PM 21344 Views

Salary and Benefits

Job Security

Career Growth

Work Environment

CEO Rating

This company is a subsidiary of Standard Chartered Bank. A Back Office to SCB. I worked there for a short duration i.e. 6 months in Software Solutions/ICSI division and did not get what I was aspiring. Basically my job was not in line with my career aspirations though I was promised so during recruitment. I was put in a support project, but I was told that the opening was for a development project. I asked the recruiter many times and also spoke with the hiring manager. They promised that the work will be development related work. But, after going there I was shocked to see that my work is like a BPO job where I will need to make sure the transactions are going through fine in production environment. This is like a support/BPO job in shifts. THIS IS NOT WHAT I WANTED AND WHAT I WAS TOLD before accepting the offer. Both the hiring manager and recruiter left the organisation after I joined.

Pros:

1. Can be good for those aspiring to grow in BPO.

2. Can get good domain knowledge in banking.

3. Company has decent work environment, though not so great.

Cons:

1. Definitely not a place for budding IT folks where people want to work on cutting edge technologies in development environments.

2. Do not rely on the words of recruiters/hiring managers. Better to get some feedbacks from the current employers in particular to your work.

3. People moving from Bangalore or Hyderabad will have to think twice w.r.t Chennai's climate :).... I faced lot of problem to adjust with Chennai's climate after moving from Bangalore.

Scope International Pvt Ltd