Accessibility:

Infrastructure/Facilities:

Taxi/Rent-a-Car:

Danka
Mar 05, 2005 06:12 AM 2529 Views
(Updated Mar 05, 2005 06:12 AM)

Accessibility:

Security/Immigration:

Infrastructure/Facilities:

Taxi/Rent-a-Car:

Schiphol Airport near Amsterdam. It is truly an amazing airport.

I have passed through it on flights to Ireland, Israel, Greece and Italy, and home again.

Although it is a huge airport there is only one terminal. You don't have to worry about getting lost because the signs are clear, and show you the way to gate you want.

They have one of the best Duty Free Shop areas, in the world. I spend a lot of time in it.

The airport is very clean and the staff is very helpful. The only problem I have is when the airport guards, use their riffles like a baton!

On the departures level there are a book shop, and a grocery store. There is a Casino and a Children’s Activity Room.

There are a few cafes and restaurants, (on the upper level), and you can take an elevator, escalator or stairs to get to them. I've only eaten in the Rendezvous Café. I love the drink called brown café.

There have a few snack bars on the lower level, near the turnstiles, where you pick up your luggage.

There are a few airport hotels, but I've never used one.

Once I took a short tour, (about an hour), where you can visit a Tulip Farm. I it was fabulous. I even saw a black tulip!

They have a large parking garage, but I only saw it when I was getting into a coach.

The last time I was there they were planting tulips around the airport.

The airport is a ten minute drive to the center of the city.

Thanks for reading my review.