Room Quality:

Mar 30, 2008 11:43 AM 6873 Views

Room Quality:

Guest Services:

Taj Savoy - Ooty(Udagamandalam) March 9-14

I stayed at Taj Savoy during my 5-day trip to Ooty. First thing I will like to mention, its the best hotel in ooty when compared to other hotels. The second best I thought was WelcomGroup ITC even gave a visit to that hotel(Fortune Hotel Suvillian Court). It's near to Rose Garden. I didnot like the ambience and the surrounding when compared to Taj. Let me just make it TAJ SAVOY review now.

The outerview and surrounding of Hotel -

The Hotel is situated on top of hill and gives bit of Ooty city view. The lush green lawn in front of our superior cottage and the round tables to sit n soak in warm sun enjoying the cool breeze in the morning. Feels heavenly sitting n sipping hot tea or coffee. There's a swing for the mind to hurrily wander away from worries of daily life and that makes you that WE ARE ON VACATION!

There are entertainment hall. Bigger than my mumbai apartment, with sports qquipments. Badminton nets, table tennis, cricket kit(can play inside), scrabble, chess and few more board games. They also have carrom board at another location.

One really good thing.  The hotel have their own bicycles to ride inside the hotel compound. For all 5 days after breakfast I used to pick a ladybird with basket in front(the same kinds I had when I was a kid) and enjoy bicycling around for the hotel for half an hour. Made my husband make a video while I am riding the bicycle. It was really fun!

The Room -

We had booked a superior room. The rooms are located as cottages in one row with grass lawns in front and with hotel latitude you see part of ooty city standing on lawn. Before entering the room there is a sitting area. The adjacent cottages are attached to each other by doors(offcourse locked). I really liked the idea. If a joint family is coming they all can stay separate but can meet without exiting their cottage.

The room flooring is wooden and a big queen bed. No so comfy bed. Simple 21-inches TV and wooden wardrobe and the most interesting a "Fireplace". I was really excited and happy to get the fireplace lit in the evening. The room was provided with a warmer even. Really required in month of march atleast. The bathtub was small for my 6-feet tall hubby. Nothing great about the ambience when we think it as brand hotel Taj. But the staff was very polite and services were good. So can think the place was value for money.

The stay was so peaceful that I can forget bit of amenities like few of toiletries can be ignored. If you are in search for a best place to stay while holidaying Savoy is the only place in Ooty.

Savoy Hotel - Ooty