Check-in Counter:

Staff:

Seating Space:

Punctuality:

Cochin India
A biggg NO for Saudi Arabian Airlines!!
Feb 26, 2017 04:13 PM 18975 Views

Check-in Counter:

Staff:

Seating Space:

Punctuality:

I want to share my experience I had with Saudi Arabian Airlines when I was travelling from Cochin International Airport to King Abdulaziz International Airport Jeddah. As it was a last minute journey, I had no option other than to book ticket through Saudia Airlines. I will describe the things I experienced both good and bad from port of departure to arrival.

1) Punctuality: I must say that the time keeping was very bad. The flight was scheduled to depart at 15.30 hours. I reached the Cochin Airport at around 12 o' clock. When I checked the flight status information display at the airport, I wasn't able to see the details of my flight but was able to see the flight details after my flight time. So I enquired about it at the Information Counter and came to know that the departure is delayed by 3 hours and will fly at 18.30 hours. Generally, if the flight is late, it will be acknowledged to the passenger via SMS or mail notification. But most of the passengers hadn't received any notifications. So after waiting till 6 PM, we boarded the flight hoping that there wouldn't be any further delay. But to my surprise it was again delayed by half an hour.

2) Seating and Comfort: There wasn't any specific seat numbers allotted to any of the passengers in the boarding pass. The Flight Attendants made us sit at random seats as they wish. The flight was a very old one having poor quality seats and no entertainment system. When the flight took off, all the vibrations and loud noise made me feel like I was travelling in a bus.

3) Flight Attendants: The Flight Attendants were really very good. They were very caring and responsible, doing their work with 100% dedication. They were very courteous and behaved in a very friendly manner.

4) Food and Drinks: We were served fruit juice and some snacks at first. For dinner, we were served biriyani. The available choices were Chicken, Fish and Vegetable. I'm not a vegetarian so I opted for Chicken biriyani. But there was a few people dissatisfied with not getting vegetarian food. The food was good and tasty in my opinion. My colleague was not satisfied.

I would suggest Saudi Arabian Airlines only to Muslim passengers who are going to Makkah as they wouldn't need any information or entertainment system. And to first time female passengers or unaccompanied children as the Flight Attendants are really caring. When there are a lot of other Airlines having service to Saudi Arabia, I would not recommend Saudi Arabian Airlines to frequent travellers.

Saudi Arabian Airlines