Was the tour operator helpful:

Tour Guide Expertise:

Travel Convenience:

#1941,18Th Main Road, Near Eye Open Technologies, Opp.Vasanth Colony, Anna Nagar West Chennai 600041, TN

+91-044-40593399

Chennai, India India
A bitter experience 95 DD trip in Feb 2017
Apr 21, 2017 11:47 AM 7552 Views
(Updated Apr 23, 2017 12:20 PM)

Was the tour operator helpful:

Tour Guide Expertise:

Travel Convenience:

I went on this divya desam trip from Jan 29th to Feb 10th 2017.  On 30th Jan I had very high fever and hence returned to my place by cab from sholingur.  After recovery, I again joined the trip on Feb 2nd from Aduthurai.  I had missed 37 divya desams in these 4 days.   This was the first misery I had.  They arrange the travel by a 10 year old tempo traveller which doesnt gain speed, the result was we reached thirukurungudi and thiruvananthapuram when the temple was about to be closed.  This vehicle broke down in Kumbakonam and another vehicle was arranged for us to reach Trichy. They should arrange a new vehicle having taken per day nealry  2600  rupees. .  The  climax happened on Feb 10th when we were in Guruvayur.  The group went to the temple by 4.15 am and returned to the hotel. as the checkout time given to us was 6.30 AM.   But the tour Guide Mr.Govindan got up by 7.30 only and one of the yathris asked whether we can finish the remaining divya desams as that was the last day and the temples in Kerala close by 11 AM, for which Mr.Govindan said we can finish.  I just made a suggestion that from the next trip, the checkout timings can be changed to 7.30 so that the yathris can be more comfortable. Mr.Govindan started shouting at me " So u have come here for sleeping? So u know everything? If I change the timings also people will return late from the temple and will u load the suitcases in the tempo traveller and said'  anyway I wont bear all this in my mind"  I said  "i will bear" for which he said "I dont care." He got up late and delayed the group by 1.5 hours(we left by 8 AM), so before anybody pouncing on him, he diverted the attention of others by shouting at this lonely woman. It was he who overslept, he asked me whether I came there for sleeping, see his audacity and arrogance!  I got up early and had finished the darshan by 6 AM.  I was humiliated in front of the other 10 yathris who never bothered to ask him'why do u shout at her? arent u to be blamed'?  Ladies travelling alone in this group dont expect any respect.

After returning, I mailed thrice to  one mrs.Vedavalli iyer of sankara yatra on Feb 11th, feb 17th and March 31st narrating what all happened and what action will be taken on Mr.Govindan.  Till today no reply from them nor do they return the money back for those 4 days.  Mr.govindan called me one day to ask whether I will join the trip again to see the missed places.  I told since he has insulted me, I wont come.

Sankara yatra is keen on taking money but  not respecting the feelings of a yatri in such a case not even replied back.

Sankara Yatra - Chennai