Samsung

ONE OF THE BEST
Nov 23, 2001 07:04 PM 3592 Views
(Updated Nov 23, 2001 07:04 PM)

I've had my Samsung 810 phone for almost a year now, and it still looks brand new & works like I just got it.My old phone was a Nokia 2160, which was big and heavy. It also was having battery problems, and did I mention it was big and heavy? I was looking for a Motorola Star Tac, which would be nice and small...but when I called to order one, the customer service agent said the Star Tac had problems after a while, and he turned me on to the Samsung.One of my favorite features of this phone is the long battery life. It will consistently hold a charge for around 3 hours of talk time or 140 hours of standby time. This has been so convenient that I've rarely needed to charge the phone outside of its normal AC cradle recharge.Another fave feature of this phone is the voice activated dialing. You can store up to 20 phone numbers attached to digital recordings of your voice, so when you push the star key it asks, ''who would you like to call?'' and you can answer ''home!'' or ''Al Gore!'' and it will dial. Very cool.

Note to self: As a side feature of the voice activated dialing, there is a small ''memo'' button that will record up to a minute for quick reminder notes. I've never used this feature, but it's there.There is a web browser on this phone, but I don't have it activated. The screen's about the same size as I had on the Nokia, which is approximately 1'' x 1-1/2''. Nice resolution, and it's very easy to read in day or evening light.There's a scheduler, which I use for quick reference of the calendar. It's got the capability to store information on the calendar for you, but I use my Handspring Visor for that.There are eight different ringing sounds, and you can set the phone to either ring, vibrate, ring and vibrate or just flash its lamp when a call comes in.What do I hate about this phone? Nothing. That's right, you heard me. It's a great phone. Usually after a year I'm chomping at the bit to find the next smaller version of a cellular phone, but this one is a keeper.This phone is great for anyone. It's small enough to fit in a small purse or pocket, even with the battery. It's well-designed and easy to use. I highly recommend it!

Samsung SGH 800