Handy:

Samsung

Samsung, The Worst
Jul 04, 2005 12:41 PM 5091 Views
(Updated Jul 04, 2005 12:41 PM)

Handy:

I purchased a Samsung RS2577SW on February 27, 2003 from Best Buy for $1,299.99 USD. Lucky for me, I purchased the 3 year extended service plan for and additional $99.99 USD. I had the unit for 4 months and I had to make the first service call on it. The ice maker quit working. It was repaired. Six months later, the solinoid on the flapper door for the ice dispencer went out and stuck the flapper in the open position thus allowing the freezer to go warm and not freeze. I made another service call and this was repaired. I have had the unit now for 2 years and 4 months and have had to make another service call. The unit quit cooling on the fridge side. It has been down now for 1 week and 1 day and there are no parts available to fix it. I called Samsung and was told that they only cover the unit for 1 year and that there was nothing that they could or would do for me. Guess I am stuck. In short, Samsung has now become my enemy. I will never buy another piece of anything that has the Samsung name on it. I will also advise all family members and friends not to buy Samsung also. STAY AWAY FROM SAMSUNG PRODUCTS!!!!!

Samsung RS2577SW