Samsung

Somewhat good phone, but not a great one ....
Jun 01, 2009 07:38 PM 2650 Views

I bought this phone last month. Just thought to share my experience with you guys. The main points that drove me to take this phone are i) its metallic and slim body ii) minimalist design iii) and of course as it is a 3G phone. After using it for a month, I can say that :-

i) Its good looking with a sturdy body, easy to use key-pad. The battery life is average; lasts for 2 days with normal use.

ii) Sound quality is ok. But yeah, u can compete with any of its counterparts in market with its loudness. Oh one thing, I found that the phone sounds very low with amr files !!! Maybe some problem with Samsung amr codec.

iii) The really bad part is it's screen resolution, which is not up to the mark for a 3G mobile. OK for normal use, but u may be a bit disappointed if u r planning to watch some high definition videos on your phone.

iv) Voice loopback cancellation also is not nicely done I guess.

v) Camera capture quality is just good. I can't say about its video telephony quality, I'll check once I get a 3G connection :)

vi) FM and other feature are nicely implemented.

vii) PC and internet connectivity works nicely. I haven't found any problem in browsing either on phone browser or on PC.

viii) Bluetooth connectivity is good. Profiles are nicely implemented. But, one major problem with its bluetooth is that u can't receive files directly on it memory card through bluetooth, which I think should never be a case with some 3G handset.

ix) Some free demo games comes with the phone. U can download games from Samsung site by paying some buck.

Overall, all the other basic things are just OK. It's really a nice phone for your day to day use and for normal multimedia enjoyment. I shall definitely recomend this phone if u r not very much enthusiastic about very high quality music and video.

Samsung L 700