Plot:

Music:

Cinematography:

Still confused
Nov 16, 2007 03:47 PM 1467 Views
(Updated Nov 16, 2007 04:02 PM)

Plot:

Performance:

Music:

Cinematography:

Saawariya ha ha haha.saawariya ho ho ho.saawariyan.ho saawariya.

I have decided to buy saawariyan's dvd when it gets released. period

Among so many negative reviews i'll be honest to accept that I didn't just liked the movie.but loved it. Infact I'll try to get a copy of the book "White nights".guess what, its even available online for downloading.i mean the book by Fyodor Dostoevsky.

As for buying the dvd is concerned.if someone tells me that Ranbir Kapoor is never going to act again or this will be the only time you'll see him perform.i would have definately bought the dvd then.

I am not trying to understand why people didn't liked the movie.maybe they had too many expectations.maybe they expected something realistic.or whatever.for now I am simply listening to this lovely song'jab se tere naina" while I try to write this review.

The story in short for those who still haven't seen the picture.its about this boy who meets this girl whom he falls in love with.they meet only for four days.sorry Nights, while the girl awaits her love who has promised to meet her soon.eventually the boy(our hero) has to letgo of the girl when her lover(salman khan) returns.

Its not so much the story that delights me.its not the comic-book like city where they live.or the hard-work put in by SLB and his team of art directors that leaves no impression once the movie is over.  But one thing that stands out and stays is Ranbir Kapoor and his sweet and vulnerable potrayal.  We will be able to see Ranbir in many movies to come in different avatars but I m sure this will be just a little sweeter.

Other character to write home about is Rani Mukherjee.I thought her character was so predictable and run-of-the-mill but she just shines and we donot get bored. Garish make-up and over-the-top histrionics but she still manages to strike a balance.cheers to her!

Sonam Kapoor is tall and pretty, and Salman khan shouldn't have been there. If SLB had to take an older actor it could've easily been Ajay Devgan or maybe Amir khan.  Salman just fails to convince as a silent man in love, he doesn't have much dialoges in the movie and whatever lines he has, its like he reads them from a script with no depth, also his eyes fail todo any talking.

The movie is also funny in parts.its not HA HA HEE HEE kind of fun but more like a leaving smile kind.the scene between Ranbir and her landlady(Zohra Sehgal) where she sings one song then offering to sing another one, also one time when the landlady mouths "B-word" to Rani, it was clever and funny.

So much have been said about the sets and look of the movie.I only liked the "mona lisa" curtain hanging in ranbir's room.would like to have one like that in my house.just kidding.

If I have to watch that movie again.it would be for Ranbir Kapoor a.k.a. Ranbir Raj, his sweet nothings and his heartbreak.

I only liked two songs, both of them have been mentioned in the above article.

Hope u take out time to watch it.its atleast not confusing as OSO.

Saawariya