Was the tour operator helpful:

Jun 18, 2014 08:59 PM 85324 Views

Was the tour operator helpful:

Tour Guide Expertise:

Travel Convenience:

I have been on two tours with SOTC. The first one was an Europe tour. Whilst the tour itself was mostly good with the services of a tour guide, the communications with the SOTC agent were poor. It was always difficult to get them to communicate. More importantly I was offered a deal that was very different to everybody else on the tour. The rest of the people on the tour were given child goes free deal whereas I wasnt given the same. I only found out that on the tour and on return when I questioned SOTC I wasn't offered any explanation.

Despite this, I booked a second tour because the 1st one was mostly good. The second one however was a letdown. Once again the SOTC agent wouldn't communicate with me, wouldn't take phone calls and would only communicate when he had  something to say. We were left hanging till the last minute.just 2 days before the tour we were given our documents despite booking 3 months prior to travel date. We weren't offered a tour guide and were pretty much on our own. There were several hiccups(though I admit none of them were very serious.but there were simply too many hiccups) that caused our group quite a bit of anxiety and disappointment. The tour itself was simply subcontracted to local holiday companies over which SOTC had no control or communication.

On the whole it was a poor experience and was the last nail on the coffin.

Once bitten twice shy, twice bitten always shy.

Stay away from SOTC.