21 Tips

Bangalore India
Self development - The untold stroy...
Nov 13, 2006 12:29 AM 2453 Views

To begin with, am no great-and-successful types here.Infact, that's the very reason I chose to key in a few of my thoughts...coz' am no celebrity here and I dont think any celebrity or successful people need to read this!

It's for all of us here, or atleast for those of you who've taken the time to read this!

Self development - what does it mean to you and me?

Do you think, someone's out there to teach you lessons on this? Or that a class or session will 'develop' you?

Friends, let's get this clear - self development, is what only you can do to yourself! This 'self evelopment' is probably the best thing that you can help happen to yourself. Coz' this is probably what your school-books didn't include, what your syllabus didn't include, what your exams didn't examine you on and what your examiners didn't mark you on. This is not 'gyaan', but what I've realized myself.

Self development is mostly about developing one's 'attitude' according to me. Again, attitude is that one thing, one has to develop. Attitude is that element in one's character, which will take him/her to places...either high up there...or, you know where.

Most of times, the word self development  gives us the idea of academics, passing tests, interviews and so on. Yeah, it's all definitely a part of it. But they are not 'the' only parts to it. The way one talks, one's body language, the one behaves, mannerisms, dressing sense, etiquettes - it's all a part of it. They are the fine nuances of the word self development.

Also, another important thing that I've seen is - some people tend to lose their identity, in the process of self-development. There's this fine line between learning from others and imitating them. And trust me, this is one phase - where one can build oneself or lose.

So, get going. This is no tough task! Just have that thirst in you to be known for your individuality and everything's going to fall in place. And yes, never hesitate to love n respect yourself!