Accessibility:

Local Sightseeing:

Hotels / Accommodation:

Safety:

Sagar India
Awesome Religious Place! Mirror of Indian Culture!
Jan 22, 2018 08:56 PM 1809 Views (via Android App)
(Updated Jan 30, 2018 09:54 PM)

Accessibility:

Local Sightseeing:

Hotels / Accommodation:

Safety:

#MouthShutTraveller

Rishikesh is one of the most popular religious towns in India. It is a town in the northern state Uttarakhand. It is located in the Himalayan foothills besides the holy river Ganga!

The holy Ganga's banks makes this place a sacred place full of the ancient Indian culture and tradition. Holy gods and godesses, ancient temples, saints and monks, the aroma of dhup and agarbattis( incense sticks) fills up the heart with devotion, purity and divine faith in God.

I visited Rishikesh in the month of October in 2017 and was really mesmerised. My heart was filled with joy, peace and happiness during my time I spent there.

My review is based on my experience and mentions all the activities that I myself did there. I have tried my best to keep my review detailed and descriptive.

Transport to reach Rishikesh - The town is easily accessible. Though there is an only way to reach Rishikesh and that is by way of Road transport. My previous day was well spent in mussoorie and so, we reached Rishikesh by bus. It took around 2 hours and the scenes were beautiful as well as thrilling. Nearest airport to Rishikesh is the Jolly Grant Airport in Dehradun. Further journey is made by road only.

Hotels and Accommodation - Hundreds of hotels with all kind of facilities and economies are available there. We did not had a stay in Rishikesh as we had to leave for Haridwar before night. So, I can not be too specific regarding hotels but as per what I saw there, I am sure that hotels and accommodation is not a problem there. Rooms are abundantly available for all kind of travelers coming there.

Safety for travelers - Being an over crowded place, the place is not safe. There are hundreds of thugs, loots, pickpockets and con mans. Lots of robbery and assault cases are seen at such places. Also many saints and babas are also frauds. It is advised to be alert always and not to get trapped in any suspicious activity. Foreign tourists are badly fooled by thugs. Foreign tourists are advised to be double alert.

Now comes the main part of the review. The things and places which I visited. What I liked. What I disliked. Where to go. What to do and all.

RAM JHOOLA - The suspension bridge which crosses over the river ganges. It looks a mesmerising scene from the bridge. While roaming around the place, travelers come across that bridge.

LAXMAN JHOOLA - It is also a suspension bridge in the town. Just above the Ganga river, it also gives a great scene.

THE LAXMAN TEMPLE - It is a beautiful and old temple which is situated at the riverside. It has idols of many Indian Gods mainly Lord Laxman. Devotees ensure that the temple is crowded heavily all the time.

SHRI NEELKANTH MAHADEVA TEMPLE - Temple of Mahakaal i.e. Lord Shiva. Huge temple with wonderful architecture. Located opposite to Laxman Chowk. Beautiful temple.

Hundreds of temples are present within a circle of 2 kilometers. I can not review all of them but as it is a religious town, temples are a major attraction.

LOCAL MARKET - The market mainly consists of winter and khadi clothing, precious stones, rosary beads, rings, Malas etc that are all related to rites and rituals. Empty water bottles are abundantly available for tourists to fill the water of the holy ganga river. I found nothing very special in the market but yet it was good.

FOOD - Food gets a 3 Star rating from me. We had our lunch at the CHOTIWALA RESTAURANT which is a famous franchise there. Though all kind of delicacies are available to eat in Rishikesh, the taste was not mouth watering. But it was good. I enjoyed the food and the restaurant was also heavily crowded by Indian and Foreign travelers.

OVERALL EXPERIENCE - I felt the town no less than heaven. The experience was good. The city is full of fun, culture and tradition. Worshippers of Hindu Gods are seen all around. I have had a different experience in Rishikesh than any other place I have traveled to in my entire life. I just loved the day I spent in Rishikesh and recommend that every Indian Citizen must visit this place and learn about the Indian mythology, Gods, cultures and traditions!

Write a Review on Rishikesh