Leg Room:

Renault

Chennai India
Small Car with the Best Price-Benefit Ratio
Dec 09, 2015 04:29 PM 30667 Views
(Updated Dec 09, 2015 04:50 PM)

Leg Room:

Dealer Satisfaction:

I was looking for a vehicle to replace my aging small car, and this took me to the Renault's stables. Having heard a lot of good things about the Renault Kwid, I decided to take this baby out for a spin. Test drove it yesterday and here are the highlights:

What I like about the vehicle:

• Exterior Looks splendid, like a mini Duster

• Interior looks roomy and the upholstery is premium

• Steering feels light and is easy to operate

• The dashboard looks premium with the visual console in the middle

• The display unit is all digital, and consists of a fuel gauge, speedometer, tachometer, and gearshift

• The rear leg space is good

• Boot space is huge

What I dislike about the vehicle:

• Engine makes lot of sound due to the three cylinder structure

• The puny tires look weird and does not go well with the SUV type design

Driving Experience:

Driving this car felt good and the seating position felt commanding. There was a bit of body roll while taking corners, but that is something I can live with. The in-car navigation system is robust and capable of delivering turn by turn voice directions. The center console gives the car a premium look.

The gear shifts are easy, however I found the first and the reverse gear to be a bit tight. It may be an issue with the demo car, so am willing to let it go.

Verdict: Go for it! Renault Kwid seems to be offering the best price-benefit ratio, and will be good small car for a family of five.

Renault Kwid