Claims Settlement:

Mar 09, 2007 07:13 AM 4270 Views

Claims Settlement:

Premium:

Range of Plans:

I've purchased Insurance products from LIC, OmKotak, Reliance and MetLife.

When compared to other companies, Reliance ranks last in the following parameters:

1. Competency of Agents/ DO - The agent with whom I was dealing was incompetent, who didn't even know the difference between a Term Life product and an endowment product. So, the agent calle up his Development Officer and the DO was pushing for a prudct that may probably get him the best commision. He was pushing for a ULIP for a 3 year term.(I'm just 32 yrs old and I couldn't see any reason other than  commision) to isist on this product. The DO was also trying to provide false information about the MF industry. Of the above 4 companis, OmKotak agent was the most honest and knowledgeable and MetLife was equally knowledgeable.

2. Transparency - The DO was tryting very hard NOT to reveal the charges associated to a ULIP plan. He infact succeeded and I realised this only after receiving my policy packet. Since, I bought ULIP only with Reliance, I can't compare this with other providers.

3. Product Range - Product Range is limited when compared to LIC

What is good about Reliance:

1. The agent and DO were very responsive. The DO was in my house within 10 minutes after I starting the conversation with the agent.

2. Follow Up - I received the policy packet in around 10 days. There was a feedback call from them which didn't have any marketing tag attached to it.

Hope this helps.