Claims Settlement:

Premium:

Range of Plans:

Reliance Life Insurance (term plans)
Sep 26, 2008 12:34 PM 2821 Views
(Updated Sep 26, 2008 01:42 PM)

Claims Settlement:

Premium:

Range of Plans:

I wanted to sign up for a term life insurance plan and went through the elaborate medical tests at a dingy clinic in Chembur that was estimated by the agent to take less than an hour but ended up being over 2 hrs most of which was just waiting around in different areas.

After cashing my cheque they got back a month later claiming that the premium needed to be increased but would not explain why which is legal in India but unethical.

Abroad customers have a right to review their medical test resultsand understand the basis for any premium increase.

I told them to simply reduce the sum assured but after another month with me calling or emailing weekly, they decided to cancel my policy.

I still await the refund cheque after 2 months of encashment.

If this is the condition in Mumbai where they are head quartered, I shudder to think what would be happening in other sities/towns.

I have vowed never to use ANY RLIC product/service from now on.

Reliance Nippon Life Insurance