Medical Care:

79/18, 1st Cross, 6th Main, Gayathri Devi Park Extension, Near Thirumala Temple, Vyalikaval, Bengaluru 560003, KA

+91-80-23367159

Dr.Rajeev premnath (general Surgeon )
Jun 06, 2014 12:44 PM 33559 Views

Medical Care:

Two months ago was the first time I met Dr.Rajeev Premnath, General Surgeon at  Ramakrishna Group of Hospitals.  I was anxious and desperate to heal a surgical wound  in my shin which refused to  get better after  months of my surgery. I had implantations of plates below my kneee for a fracture caused by a road accident  and the surgery and treatment following the procedure was being done at a reputed hospital which has national presence . As my wound remained the way it was my Orthopaedician referred me to a Plastic surgeon at the same hospital who looked at my wound and said this needed a muscle graft for sure. My Husband and I were shocked to hear this and did not know what to do. A muscle graft meant enduring the pain all over again trying to heal the existing wound and the new one where the muscle and the skin would be sourced from. This plastic surgeon surprisingly booked the OT for the next day as well.  Apart from additional costs which thankfully our insurance would cover, I was not convinced with the typical “Business language” that told me I couldn’t wear skirts as the leg from which the muscle would be sourced from would not look very pretty. Believe me, it wasn’t  about the cosmetics, but the overall experience of getting it done.

That was when my friend referred me to  Dr.Rajeev Premnath.  He had a Look at my wound and said Confidently “Don’t you worry  I will heal it” His confident smile  gave me the courage and hope that I will heal faster and easier than I thought I would.His approach was simple . He had to cut through the slough(Dead Tissues) on a daily basis and dress it. Bare medications were prescribed.  Though it sounds simple, it was a delicate and complex procedure at least for me as half of the tissues around the wound appeared to be slough.

He said he wasn’t doing anything but I was going to heal myself!. And true to his words my wound started healing, It was the same wound which was worsening earlier and appearing bigger by day. Now I could see it reduced in size  from one dressing after another.  After two months of treatment my wound is completely healed all I have is a scar to remind me to take things slowly and adapt to the pace of nature. They say her secret is patience!

I have come across a lot of doctors over the years  and  never seen a more humble and down to earth doctor in my life. His compassion and positive energy is inspiring.

Thank You Doctor For Healing me and saving me from the “Hit or miss” experiments  by the Plastic Surgeons like the one who was to treat me. Citizens like us have no reference and end up believing them. I shall be ever grateful to you. God Bless you and Your Family and May Your Hospital continue Healing People as it has from your Grandfathers time and like you mention in your status “Let no one ever come to you without leaving a healthier person “. May your glory increase!

Ramkrishna Hospital - Vyalikaval - Bangalore