Plot:

Plot:

Performance:

Music:

Cinematography:

Well right from the day I watched Queen's trailer on youtube, I was like blown away, and already planned to watch this movie whenever it releases, the different scenes, supported well with good music, music of Amit Trivedi(later I explored), and last week, I watched it, and now I can say that I am satisfied, not all movies whose trailer boasts of greatness, actually comes out too good, but this one actually did. Here's my review of Queen.

We started off with a wedding environment, its the marriage of main protagonist of movie, Rani(Kangana Ranaut), who is getting wedded to Vijay(Rajkumar Rao), and we are fed with the famous song of movie "London Thumakda", composed by Amit Trivedi, and we all get in the mood, just then we found that Vijay broke the marriage with poor Rani on penultimate day, Rani came home with broken heart, and we can understand that it take time for her to get adjusted back to normal boring life, and then she thought to fly to Paris, as she had already planned and booked the tickets for her honeymoon. So to change her mind, she flies as planned, but alone, alas! poor she! Meanwhile we also get flashbacks interspersed in the currently moving timeline. Reaching to a new place, and out of her cocoon, she felt easy and suddenly start feeling fresh, she got some new experiences, some new friends, felt the dance, felt the alcohol, felt the real friendship and also felt the sense of freeness with  food competition thrown at her way, and we think it was awesomely presented, and we could relate to it, which ZNMD done earlier, but still it was less of a related thing than it was here. And her new gotten friends help her in getting that freeness - Vijayalakshmi(Lisa Haydon), Oleksandre(Mish Boyko), Taka(Jeffrey Ho) and Tim(Joseph Guitobh). And she also fight the food competition offered by a restaureteur Marcello(Canadea Lopez Marco), and also won it by making delicious gol-gappas.

Vikas Behl is the director and he directed it well, giving the real feel of characters of the movie, plus the felt was even better when you see the real locations, and direction is goof because he was able to squeeze out the acting from his foreign actors, its not an easy work to do for a Hindi movie director, as I have seen in many other Hindi movies having multiple foreign cast. He has earlier directed'Chillar Party', that was a good movie too. The best thing of the movie is Kangana Ranaut, and now its looking like she is going the right way selecting the right movies, if you want to stay in Bollywood, you have to choose well, alas! Mallika Sherawat could able to understand the same, poor her! Kangana is the limelight of this movie and shall I say the LIFE of movie, this story(Vikas Behl) was written for her, and she pulled it off very brilliantly depicting the role of a shy not-so-happening Delhi Girl, which was earlier tried unsuccessfully by Deepika in YJHD, at the end of movie she was like the most stylist girl in town, so much transformation so fast, but here Kangana shows how transformation happens. And she is well supported by Lisa Haydon, she is playing the role of half-Indian-half-French women, and she was perfect choice for the not-so-able-to-speak-Hindi-properly lady. All foreign actors are just like cherry on top of a cake - Mish, Jefferey, Joseph & Canadea acted well as per the role demands, and you love all those characters as well. Movie could not be watched with family if the family is having conservative thinking, since there are few scenes or references which are A+, but nonetheless you can watch.

And then there are background score and beautiful to complement for. What I liked the most about Queen's trailer was the score where Amit Trivedi has used yesteryear song(which I didn;t heard earlier)'Hungama Ho Gaya', how was that blended with the scenes, and it inspires me to watch the movie. It was remixed, and supported with wonderful beats, liked the new version a lot. You have a wedding song, "London Thumakda", "Badra Bahaar", "O Gujariya" and "Harjaiyaan", you will have typical Amit Trivedi here, I am a fan of him, and if you liked the songs of'Dev D', you will like this album as well, worth to have in collection. The photography, and cinematography was wonderful too.

So, if you haven't watched it still, go for it, you have a long weekend, and the movie is not yet old, released last Friday only. Watch it for Kangana Ranaut, and enjoy this light-hearted comedy-drama film. My rating 4/5.

GRuchirG.

Maine honthon se lagayi to HUNGAMA HO GAYA!

Queen