For Business

Feb 10, 2014 12:15 AM 11528 Views

Ease of use:

Handy:

Help & Support:

I have purchased Pureit Marvella RO water purifier from Girias, Bangalore on the 16th Dec 2013.

Earlier, I had a bad experience with Aquagard (Nova), though the product was good, the service from Eureka Forbes wasn't.

So, I had decided to move to Pureit. Being a product from a trusted brand like Hindustan Unilever, I was looking forward to an excellent customer service.

And initially it was as expected, the installation was completed within 48 hours and the service guy was very friendly. However the problem was noticed within a week or so, we found that there was huge amount of water being wasted from the waste water pipe.The installation person had told us that for every 10 liter water purification, about 6-7 liters would be wasted. Even though we had felt this was too much, we had compromised to the situation thinking that the 6 level purification may need so.

But what we noticed after a week was a huge 34 liter wastage (2 full buckets enough for 2 people to have bath) for filling the 10 liter tank. Now, in our locality, we have water shortage issues during some parts of the year and we need to depend on the private water tankers who charge big bucks. So it was unthinkable to have 34 liters being wasted daily.

We monitored the flow for few days to see if the situation improves. It didn't.

We called the Pureit customer care and raised a complaint(complaint no. C145508190) on the 2nd Jan 2014

This time the service person turned up after 2 days, he said some component is faulty and that he would get the replacement part the next day.From there the problem started. After repeated follow ups, the guy finally turned up after 4 days with some component, fixed it and just left saying the waste water problem was resolved.

We later checked and found that there was no change in amount of water going waste, but by then the complaint had been closed (you get an SMS saying that the complaint is closed).We opened a new complaint but there was no response from the company, the only thing they did was close the complaint after 5 days.

Since then I have raised 3 more complaints (C145522483, C145532146, C145542836), but each time there is no call or response from the company but the complaint is closed in 4-5 days

There was one call though from a person who called himself the manager of the service team, he said - Saar it is not a major problem, you can use that waste water for cleaning floor or washing clothes.

I asked him - Should I install the purifier in my bathroom?

The LSP for my location - Sree Basaveshwara Enterprises - They either do not have the competency for servicing the purifier or are very lazy people. I am fed up with this pathetic service and feel cheated after buying such an expensive product. I am seriously considering taking this up in the consumer court. Spending 15K on this device which gives pure water ok, but at the cost of wasting almost 4 times more water? Is this called science/technology in a country where people in some parts?

If you are staying in Bangalore, I seriously advice that please think 10 times before you buy the Pureit product.

Pureit Marvella RO Water Purifier