Handy:

Prestige

Pathetic Product - Pathetic Service - Avoid It
Jun 19, 2013 01:02 PM 4774 Views

Handy:

Attaching the Letter I wrote to Prestige TTK for their faulty Product. No Reply - Received.

Hi Prestige Group,

I am a consumer of your product Prestige 5 liter POP Pressure cooker which is retailed at value of INR 1345.

I happen to purchase this product from Ratandeep store in Kondapur, against bill number 2341 on 16th June 2013.

Same night my wife was trying to cook Dal in the cooker, which gave a weird noise instead of first pressure release which we expected. We immediately turned off the gas burner in a bid to avoid an accident. The cooker's pressure valve surroundings had a small dent and the gasket might have overheated releasing black liquid substance which stuck on the inner walls of the pressure cooker.

Day 2 was frightening. I walked into Ratandeep store, where I spoke to someone called Rakesh, associated with a dealer I believe. He told me go to Consumer Court, High Court or Supreme Court your problem will persist, we can't do "anything". Not bothering by what he said, I moved over to the Kondapur Service Station of Prestige with the Cooker.

At the service station I asked for a replacement of the defective piece, to my surprise they told me, they can't help me and asked me to go to Ameerpet for a replacement. Surprisingly this was given to me in "Writing". I was left with no choice and disappointed of being asked to go places. I called up my lawyer, he suggested me to drop a note to a higher authority in your organization and wait for a response.

My questions are

a) If the product is defective, and on first use is damaged, why was it not replaced by the retailer or money back given to me?

b) If I were to run to service centers for getting this product repaired, who would pay me the costs of transportation and money equivalent of my time spent?

c) Why is the organization being represented by people like Mr. Rakesh who dare me to go to court directly, without making an effort to fix the problem?

d) What next step will be taken by you regarding this issue?

e) What corrective action you wish to initiate against people like Mr. Rakesh?

Please give me answers in writing to above questions, post which I will decide my further course of action.

Thanks,