Handy:

New Delhi, India India
Prestige cooker sucks
May 11, 2013 02:32 PM 3613 Views

Handy:

I bought this cooker from Auchan back in Nov 12. I have been able to use it hardly - design is to pathetic that it doesn't even whistle. What kind of pressure cooker it is, which doesn't even signal that food is ready? maybe it is a calibration thing, but that's not my expertise and I need to go after Prestige service center to have it calibrated. comm'n this isn't good at all.

Horrible after sales service, they at first build the cooker so badly and then do not provide home service. They are not even courteous enough to identify a good dealer around my home i.e. Dwarka where I can give this cooker to get fixed.

Now, I have to go 15 km each side to get it fixed? I have already traveled twice to Auchan in hopes to get it fixed. Including parking/commuting costs, my cooker cost has increased from 1900 to 2300 already. Now another visit to Prestige's service center, it will cost me over 2600 Rs to buy a single pressure cooker - in this cost I could have bought easily 1.5 Hawking 5L cookers :)

For last 6+ months, this cooker is nothing but a piece of show item at home.

I recommend, we should use our brains - and do not go after brand names. They only make profits and fail to deliver quality. If we have to suffer on quality anyways, then why don't we buy a less expensive brand and save some cash!!

Prestige Pressure Cooker