Accessibility:

Hotels / Accommodation:

Safety:

Dreamland...
Jun 01, 2006 12:53 PM 9700 Views
(Updated Jun 01, 2006 12:53 PM)

Accessibility:

Local Sightseeing:

Hotels / Accommodation:

Safety:

My hometown is Kerala and I belong to Trivandrum. This hill station was one of the places which I wanted to visit long back.and my dream came true last year when we had visited the ponmudi during the monsoon season. The place was covered completely with down lying clounds and was giving us a feeling that we are visity the heaven. The trip up was very good as we had booked a gypsy for the same. The hairpin turns during the journey seemed very dangerous as it was raining heavily and the road was looking very slipery. The vehicle was moving very slowly as we had asked the driver to do so since we wanted to enjoy the greenary around. Ohh!!! what a scenery!!!! On the way up we halted at a tea packing factory which was partially functioning. This also helped us know the exact system involved in the pakaging of tea. When we reached the top most point of Ponmudi, the weather was lovely. The clouds were kissing us the cool breeze which was blowing sent shivers down our spine but yet the entire feeling was very good. The view of the foot of the hill station was mesmerising. The feeling we got was as if we were sitting on a cloud and then looking down. The fog kept coming in and going every 5 minutes. This made me think weather GOD was playing hide and seek with us. One moment there and the other moment gone. After an hour of enjoying the cool breeze we headed down back to our starting point.

Our journey down way was much more memorable as it had already turned dark and with GOD's grace the headlights of our vehicle went off. We tried our level best to make it work and also went hunting for help but for no avail. We had to come back without the headlight working. The journey now looked very dangerous as the danger of skiding doen fro the edge of the road or meeting with an accident with any vehicle coming from the opposite side was quite possible.

Somehow we manage to reach down but the trip to double the time it took to reach on top as the vehicle was moving dead slow due to the risk involved in travelling fast.

When down I reliased the journey was a complete one as it involved fun, beauty, relaxation, adventure and danger.

Ponmudi