Pune India
A Real Paragon!
Oct 04, 2015 06:48 AM 1637 Views

Old World Charm Even before visiting Kozhikode, I had read many rave reviews about Paragon. So imagine my thrill when our friends took us there one night after a marvellous outing on the nearby beach. I felt quite at home coming from Pune as this restaurant reminds me of Blue Nile or Good Luck cafe in its old world feel. It dates back to 1939!

Homely yet Far Out However, Blue Nile was a major disappointment as the food was so so and the price was not. Similarly, Paragon is far more fancy than Good Luck Cafe, although the cost is as humble.

Yummy! Our group of diners, our host, his wife and their 4 year old daughter, a colleague, my husband and I had appams(about Rs. 4 each maybe?), fried rice(Rs. 75?), a pepper chicken dish(Rs. 85?), a vegetable stew and a mango stew, a cold coffee(Rs. 25?) and a lassi. Each item was delicious but the pepper chicken and the mango stew were outstanding.

Hungry Hordes Paragon was crowded even though it was past 8 in the evening by then. The streets around looked pretty deserted. This is an indication of how popular it must be.

Variety Though the focus is on Kerala dishes, it looks like they also serve Thai and many other cuisines. The menu board makes me drool. I wanted to visit it again to try out Chicken Thattukada and many other items which are new to me.

Hustle Bustle Service is brisk and we did not have to wait for long. Large family groups were joyfully seated all around us.

Eat it Here or There It seems there is an AC section also but we did not feel the need for it.

Sweet Endings Alas, we did not have dessert but they have a pastry shop across the road and it had a tempting array of pastries.

A Wish for Fish I would love to see a branch open in Pune and I'm sure it would be a big hit!

Write a Review on Paragon Restaurant - Kannur Road - Kozhikode