Video Quality:

Think before you buy!
Feb 01, 2012 11:53 AM 8828 Views

Video Quality:

Sound Effect:

I don't know if this is the right place to bring this up but this is about a Panasonic LCD TV which I bought 10 days ago. The model I purchased is TH-L32U20 which is a Full HD 32" LCD TV. Panasonic claims that it uses IPS Alpha panel to give a clean picture at wide viewing angles. What I have got is a Videocon DTH HD service which gave fantastic picture quality on my AOC LED-LCD 32" TV (AOC is comparatively miles ahead of Panasonic in this respect).

I know that there are contrast related differences between LED Backlit LCD and CCFL Backlit LCD TVs. But technically this should not create a difference of picture quality in wide angled viewing (LED backlit LCD panels give real blacks). Panasonic is failing miserably at this part as I can relatively say that the experience as bad as watching something on a TN Panel based monitor.

I sincerely doubt if Panasonic is really using IPS Alpha panels as it claims and instead supplying (dumping) Indian customers with cheaper TN Panels. I hope someone will clarify my doubts!

Panasonic TH L32U20