Plot:

Music:

Cinematography:

A refreshing artistic folklore..entertaining
Aug 15, 2005 09:35 PM 1166 Views
(Updated Aug 15, 2005 09:35 PM)

Plot:

Performance:

Music:

Cinematography:

I rented the DVD from the store for lack of anything else available at the moment...started watching this movie with a lot of apprehension...oh..here we go again...another love story..and that too a FOLK LORE.....borrring....kids stuff..mushy probably....i can't sit thru this...should I see it or not?

....BUT I was pleasantly surprised indeed!! The movie was immediately gripping in it's simple and yet human plot with an element of the supernatural..the unknown..the mysterious elements of the after life. A very artistic tale, well directed, well acted and the songs - rajasthani colorful sets and wonderful original rajasthani dialects in the dialogs are refreshing. The movie has been made carefully, with quality in mind at every step - the soundtrack, the direction, the camerawork, the dialogs, the songs, the settings, the guest artists like Juhi Chawla, Amitabh and Sunil Shetty are well placed in their roles. The humour in the movie is subtle but entertaining - the romance is refreshing...one walks away with a smile.

I would compare this movie to the Hollywood Ghost with Demi Moore in it's plot dealing with the super natural life beyond our dimension but yet a tale which is human enough to be interesting to us mortals.

Congrats to Red Chile Productions and Amol Palekar.

Write a Review on Paheli