Plot:

Cinematography:

Melbourne Australia
PAHELI - To unreal to be good
Dec 23, 2005 10:02 AM 2698 Views
(Updated Dec 23, 2005 10:02 AM)

Plot:

Performance:

Music:

Cinematography:

I saw Paheli only a few weeks ago and the only reason I picked it up in the first place was because it had SRK and Rani Mukherjee, who are one of my two favourite Bollywood actors. The last film I had seen with both if them was Kuch Kuch Hota Hai , which is an absolute classic. So when I went to the movie store and I saw Paheli I was lyke ok maybe this would be good. So I watched the first half hour, not the best movie i'd ever seen but not a dud either. The only thing I didn't get was the whole ghost thing. Don't get me wrong I love movies with the supernatural. One of my favourite movies of all time has to be Ghost with Demi Moore and Patric Swazye. But Paheli takes it to a level that just makes the whole movie too hard to believe. The major sticking point I had with it was how a ghost and a human can have a baby together. I understand that the director wants us to use our imagination but not even the wildest imaginations would be able to comprehend this ever happening. One good aspect of the film was the songs. I really did enjoy these. Not becuase they were outstanding songs in their own right, but because they were so different from all the other hindi songs. They actually had a traditional feeling to them. I wouldn't recommend Paheli to anyone unless they were really lyke to get away from reality.

Write a Review on Paheli