Plot:

Music:

Cinematography:

Paheli as India's entry for Oscar- A joke
Sep 27, 2005 05:33 PM 2907 Views
(Updated Sep 27, 2005 05:33 PM)

Plot:

Performance:

Music:

Cinematography:

Film Federation of India should either re-look over their decision or will repend over Paheli....

I really wonder what made the Chairman of Film Federation of India Vinod Pande and jury to nominate Paheli as India's official entry for the Oscar 2006 awards.

Where there were movies like Swades, Veer-Zara, Black, Parineeta, Page 3, Iqbal, Mangal Pandey and Marathi film Uttarayan for the nomination, Paheli was given the final nod.

I won't comment on rest of the options, but I guess Page 3, Iqbal and Parineeta also had a weightage.

Vinod had said that the jury chooses the film that tops in direction, cinematography, the place from where it comes, in that case I guess Parineeta had a fair chance. Cinematography, direction, star cast and it very well presented the Indian culture. And on top of everything compare the business Paheli and Parineeta earned.

Before landing on any decision, look at the logic that Paheli was made...a ghost falling in love with a newly wed bride and okay, we can accept that to an extent..but then that bride getting pregnant because of the ghost...isn't that too illogcal??? whs wrong with the jury I don' understand!!!

And where did Page 3 and Iqbal lack?? Y can't these jury people rise above that typical Indian cultural films, when is the Indian film industry gonna evolove and get off those typical Indianized things, when would these new directors like Madhur Bhadrakar and Nagesh Kukunoor be given a chance for their direction????

It's not that I don' respect Indian culture, I truly have my roots into it, but then we need to change with the time. WE need to move with times, where India is going...where India is heading....we have to show it to the world also...and movies are one fair medium to prove that. Y do people in west are still under the impression that there are no roads in india yet, there is no electricity yet...or illitracy still exists here..or girls or ladies life is still limited to the four walls of their home....all this impression that exists is due to the fact that such chances that we get to present our country we prefer showing those villages only...the urbanisation tht has come in our country..i wonder y cant tht present our country..and Page 3 was one good example to present tht...

we need to learn how to grab the opportunities!!!

India really need to work upon their decision making power. I agree Amol Palekar is a great and renowned personality but is that the qualification to top the charts?? Paheli just had good star cast and to an extent good music...apart from tht I don't think it had anything to be sent to Oscars...yes..i forgot to mention the INDIAN CULTURE.....

to summarize, I can say that Film Federation of India needs some youth in their jury!!!!

Write a Review on Paheli