Plot:

Music:

Cinematography:

Downright Horrific
Dec 24, 2005 08:33 PM 2740 Views
(Updated Oct 02, 2006 10:45 PM)

Plot:

Performance:

Music:

Cinematography:

I cannot understand how sane people can say that PAHELI is a ’’good’’ movie and they liked it and so forth. It feels as if I am going crazy or the world is going nuts!! Someone has written that this movie has good story, dialogues, music etc!! WHAT story? WHAT dialogues??? (Can you imagine SRK saying ’’Han, main bhoot hoon’’ and Rani Mukherjee desiring to have sex with a BHOOOOT?? - this is good story/dialogue??). Just because some movie has some good cinematography, colourful dances and settings, does it mean it is GOOD?

Consider this COCKEYED story: A young, apparently healthy, strapping SRK gets married - does NOT have sex on the first night and disappears for 5 years without so much as by-your-leave to his wife! Then comes SRK the BHOOT - bhoot falling in live with a human!!! Rani says *#!!@ To her husband and has a torrid affair with the BHOOT! Now, this BHOOT can see/foresee any/everything. But, conveniently, he DOES NOT choose to see the real SRK when he comes home. So now we have 2 SRK! The BHOOT SRK cannot anticipate the arrival of real SRK?

And now the BHOOT is willing to knock at the local PANCHAYAT’s door for proving he is the real one! What is PALEKAR trying to do - make a fool of the viewers? And there are so many out there who actually LIKE this TRASH? This movie is nothing but some scenes TIED together without any thought to plausibility (OK so now it is FANTASY - and you like it?). I am an ’’initial’’ for SRK movies, then I though Wow! SRK by Palekar! And was almost slavering with anticipation. Imagine the slap SRK and Palekar administered to the viewers during the show!

First I was flabbergasted as the proceedings evolved on the screen, then I was annoyed and then downright angry with SRK/Palekar duo for cheating me out of my hard earned money! How can someone spend money to make such TRASH?? On top of this Palekar/SRK manage to get AMITABH to play a ’’cameo’’ (AMITABH must think twice before associating with such TRASH). Amitabh apparently solves the ’’paheli’’ (I swear I did not know this until I read it somewhere) and the director smugly says that the answer of this Paheli is beep Moral of the story:

Pls do not get carried away by the good movies given by SRK and Palekar (he is a good actor but a trash director - thinking himself to be pseudo-intellectual-arty-farty). Just avoid movies by these 2. I am going to at least. Good luck to people who like movies like these. Paheli offers you ZILCH on both levels Hindi Cinema is build upon - Emotional and Comical. Everything the movie tries falls flat on its face to the point where the theater just looked shocked at the sheer stupidity of this movie. Shah Rukh Khan brings all his usual trademarks to play the two characters.

One is the charming ghost who sees all and is going to cure all (haven't we seen this before) and the other is a bumbling fool (haven't we seen this either?). An incredibly lame performance. The horrendous script doesn't help him either. Rani doesn't have to do much aside from looking good and shed some pointless tears. She signed this movie is beyond me. Heck, anyone would sign Paheli is beyond me. The whole thing is like one really bad joke. It pretty much defines a movie without any soul.

Not for even a micro second was I or any of my friends were able to connect with the characters on any level. This movie has got to be one of the worst movies I've see yet. Holy mother of God!!! Seriously! it's beyond fantasy. The worst part of the movie is Shah Rukh Khan. I mean, the guy could never act, a self-proclaimed overatted actor, this movie proves his proclamation to be right on target! Ever noticed how he vibrates when he cries? He can't emote. Sure, the movie's easy on the eye. After seeing the movie, you come out pitying the original Kishen.

More than anything else, I came out pitying myself, for having had to pay to watch such a movie. Blech! You would think Amol Palekar would have come up with a better storyline than this one. Heck NO! Big letdown because of that. If you're thinking of watching the movie, I would strongly suggest taking a nap instead. It's not only stupid but also incredibly boring and slow-moving. Pathetic attempts at humor and the same run of the mill song and dance routines. This is a pathetic movie falling in love with a ghost is ridiculous man there are so many good looking hunks in this damn world who needs a ghost then.

This is a typical Shah Rukh Khan movie people, take my advise This is a complete waste of time. There's only one thing good about this movie Its Rani's classical acting. To add on, poor Amitabh ends up looking like a fool in his attire as the wise shepherd. I think this movie is going to be a hit anyways because people are crazy about Shah Rukh Khan. But just like 99% of Bollywood movies released every year, this is not going to make India proud on the international stage. It's just another piece of crap from Bollywood. I think Shah Rukh Khan is not an Indian Hero anymore.

Had this movie been shot in London with colorful dresses and wedding songs, it would have been a HIT. But sadly this movie is in India with Shah Rukh Khan as a ghost sounds funny. Anyway lets wait for some more movies from Yash Chopra some love sagas from them or some family dramas from Karan Johar to see Shah Rukh Khan. I don't know why did they choose Shah Rukh Khan for such a mature role that too with a fake moustache. What a waste of talent Amol Palekar, Amitabh Bachchan and Anupam Kher they all make a Flop so sad. Seriously think twice before you buy the ticket. Rather take the DVD for rent it's cheaper option to get bored. Utterly boring movie.

Write a Review on Paheli