Academics:

Apr 17, 2012 11:13 PM 20132 Views

Academics:

Student Engagement:

There are 2 types of colleges:

Ones that force the crappy education system on you

Ones that don’t. They know that our system is crappy and then leave the students to chase their dreams.

I’m studying in PESIT, I usually tinker around and learn stuff on my own. PESIT is hampering this destroying my enthusiasm to learn by enforcing shitty MINDLESS rules. ID cards, records, bull crap exams(Q: Write a CSS3 pattern which does this and that. ON FREAKIN PAPER!). You are not allowed to use computer when you are in a CS lecture. I can go on and on but you get the idea.

I’ll tell you why PESIT has a good name, Students! Some people I have met are very talented folks. Just because this is supposed to be the best college in Bangalore, talented people flock in. An infinite loop is in progress. All this mindless PESIT rules actually is harmful to such people.

If you are a guy, who just wants get into some IT company, make 50k/month to support your family even through you hate the job. Then PESIT supposedly has good placement opportunities for robots. You might want to consider it.

If you are a self motivated individual, please do yourselves a favor join BMSCE.

PS: If you are a faculty of PESIT reading this. Before employing a new rule, ask yourself ’’Does this makes sense?’’. Most of what I do in college is pointless and I learn almost nothing from it. I’ll give you a beginners hint, records?

PES Institute of Technology-Bangalore