Fraud company
Aug 05, 2019 06:25 PM 4046 Views (via Mobile)

As already informed over phone, OYO has listed a property (ID: 26822, Golden Sea Queen Beach Resort, Mandarmoni, Westbengal) on the website and is accepting online reservation.

I have already made the payment and got the booking confirmation # PUYH4289. Post booking, I wanted to change the hotel to a better location (any property adjacent to the sea beach) and I was advised by OYO representative to cancel my existing reservation and to do a fresh booking as per my choice. The CSR was assisting me online to search a property accordingly and initiated the cancellation against my existing reservation. He informed me about a property, confirmed the availability on the same date (24th Aug to 25th Aug 2019) and stated that I shall receive an SMS confirmation shortly against reservation. Interim, the call got disconnected because of network issue and I failed to receive any such confirmation against any new arrangement.

Failing to hear from OYO, I again got in touch with OYO assist and reinitiated the discussion. The representative was unable to locate a new property as per my preference and advised me to re-book the same property (ID: 26822, Golden Sea Queen Beach Resort, Mandarmoni, Westbengal). The booking ID given against the same was JADO3294. He informed that refund against my earlier reservation (PUYH4289) has already been initiated and thus cannot be adjusted against the present booking. I was thus advised to make an online payment of INR. 1950 against the new reservation. Since he was not able to clarify me on some basic amenities of the property, I requested for contact details of the property.

To my surprise, when I called up at that number (+91-7076109870), the manager informed me that they have already terminated the contract/tie-up with OYO in March 2019 and shall not accept any bookings through them!

Now here are my concerns:

1. Why OYO has listed any property which is not valid in the first place? This is illegal.

2. Accepting on-line reservations and collecting payments against any such Property is purely a fraudulent act.

3. Disguising facts (property contact details) in the site is a bad practice as I could have faced a serve harassment if I wouldn’t have spoken to the property manager.

4. If I have not delayed from my end while making payment, why would I wait for 7-10 business days for reimbursement and that too of no fault from my end?

5. I have received an SMS where it has been intimated that INR.99 would be deducted as cancellation fees. Why would I take such hit even for a rupee for such nonsense act?

Based on the above, I am looking forward to the following as a compensation to the utter harassment I have faced:

1. Complete refund of the amount INR. 2026 without any cancellation charge within next 24 hours!

2. I further claim a complimentary trip (all meals included) for 5 Adults (+ 1 child below 5 years) on the same date (24th Aug 2019 early check in and 25th Aug 2019 Check out) at Mandarmoni.

Looking forward to your prompt response please

OyoRooms.com