Cleansing Effect:

Flavor:

Oral Health Impact:

Overall Benefits:

I WON'T KEEP MY MOUTH SHUT ABOUT THIS!
Sep 19, 2002 09:19 PM 3160 Views
(Updated Sep 20, 2002 11:29 PM)

Cleansing Effect:

Flavor:

Oral Health Impact:

Overall Benefits:

A few years ago I was standing in the check out line at my Drug Store when a very drunk person staggered up to the counter holding five bottles of another mouth wash.

The clerk asked me to wait a moment and he walked up to that person, took away all the mouth wash and told him not to come into the store again.

When the clerk returned I asked her what was wrong with the mouth wash? She told me most mouth washes contain alcohol and when the Liquor Store isn't open the people who need something to drink come into the closest Drug Store to buy mouth wash or shoe polish, (I didn't know either had alcohol in their formulas).

I asked the clerk if their was a mouth that didn't have alcohol in it and she told me about ORAL-B NATURAL MINT. Since then that is the only mouth wash I use.

~. THE BOTTLE .~

Oral-B doesn't come in a box just in a clear plastic 750 ml bottle this means you can see the turquoise liquid. The cap is made of white plastic and is covered with a hard plastic seal, (this is to stop anyone from putting anything into else into the mouth wash). I have to cut off the seal before I try and take off the cap. I must admit it took me a while to figure out how to open it.

You must press down and turn it to the right at the same time. Once I have opened it I never put the cap on and turn it the other way to close it.

On the bottle there are two white large white and turquoise past-ons, (except where the Mint/Menthe is written..that's in green). On the side that says ORAL-B it tells you that this is Alcohol-Free, (Sans Alcohol) and the it is an anti-cavity rinse that has been Clinically proven to fight cavities.

Both sides have French and English on them.The other side tells you the directions, warnings, the ingredients and there is a bar code for scanning at the check out desk, (the bottle I'm using now is #68305 23460.

~. HOW I USE IT .~

When I opened the bottle I could smell the mint. The taste was a light mint, (I don't like strong mint tastes).

I put about a quarter of a capful, (the direction say 10 ml), and swish it around my mouth for about a minute. I never swallow it and I spit it out into the sink. Then I sip a little cold water.

After I finished gargling my mouth felt fresh. There was not a lot of ''aftertaste''.

The instructions say not to eat or drink for a half an hour but I need that little sip of water to stop my mouth from feeling dry.

I only use this once a day as directed on the bottle.

~. THE ACTIVE INGREDIENT .~

''5 % of Sodium Floride''! I'm sure there is more in their formula but that's all they are going to tell the buyer.

~. THE WARNINGS .~

''1) Don't use the bottle it if the plastic seal is broken or missing.

2) Keep the bottle on a high shelf and out of the reach of young Children because there is enough Floride in this bottle to hurt them.

3) Children under six should not use this mouth wash.''

~. MY FINAL THOUGHTS .~

I have been using this mouth wash for over 8 years and I have never had a cavity. I highly recommend it to you.

Although it says that the Company that makes this mouth wash is in Canada there is a web site for you to see if it is available in your Country:

www. oralb.com

In Canada I only buy this when it goes on sale and pay $3.50 CAD.