Plot:

Plot:

Performance:

Music:

Cinematography:

OPEN SEASON Genre: Action/Adventure and Animation Duration: 1 hr. 39 min. Starring: Ashton Kutcher , Debra Messing , Gary Sinise , Jon Favreau , Martin Lawrence , Director: Jill Culton Producer: John B. Carls, Steve Moore Distributor: Sony Entertainment Release Date: September 29, 2006 Writer: Ron Friedman, Steve Bencich SYNOPSIS Inspired by the humour of syndicated cartoonist, Steve Moore. OPEN SEASON is the first feature length animated CGI motion picture from Sony Picture Animation.

A 900 pound domesticated Grizzly bear named Boog, and a scrawny, one horned mule deer named Elliot, are stranded together in the woods during hunting season. They must work together to rally the warring gangs of animals in the forest to turn the tables on the hunters. MOVIE REVIEW I’m getting so I can’t tell one from the other. I insisted on calling the recent "Open Season" by the name of its earlier, and better, predecessor "Over the Hedge." They’re all beginning to blend together in one huge computer-animated film........................ I have several major whining points, and here’s one I’ll probably never stop griping about. I’m tired of seeing animals get hurt in movies, and I don’t care that it’s cartoon animals. But I’m getting ahead of myself here.

The star of the movie is Boog (voice of Martin Lawrence), a laid-back, happy bear who enjoys pretending to be ferocious then doing tricks for his appreciative audience of families. Boog’s steward is a forest ranger (Debra Messing), who watches out for her large companion, even singing him to sleep at night with "The Teddy Bears’ Picnic," a really nice touch that I enjoyed. Boog and the ranger go into town one day. That’s when Boog spies a deer that’s apparently dead and strapped to a hunter’s vehicle.

The deer isn’t dead, though -- it’s just stunned, and one of its antlers has broken off. Here’s where my blood ran cold. Elliot, the deer (Ashton Kutcher), comes to, and begins to beg Boog for his life. Boog returns with wisecracks, and does nothing to help the terrified animal until the very last second. This made me wonder how kids would feel about this cold-hearted bruin. I, for one, didn’t like him very much at that point.

Then the deer escapes and returns to Boog’s home (how does he get Boog’s attention? By throwing rabbits at the window. Not appealing, not funny, and not cute). Elliot pressures Boog into going into "The Wild" 2026 oh, wait, that was another movie. And of course Boog crumples under pressure and the two have a decadent night out that determines Boog’s fate. There’s more than a passing similarity to "The Wild" and "Over the Hedge" here. That could be coincidence. I think the children must watch it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Please Comment If You Have Something Good For This.....................................................

Open Season Movie