Video Quality:

Sound Effect:

Onida

A dangerous trap
Sep 01, 2005 04:00 PM 4697 Views
(Updated Sep 01, 2005 04:00 PM)

Video Quality:

Sound Effect:

Hi I am an IT professional from Bangalore.I purchased Onida 21 Black FGL last Sunday(28/08/05). As I am an IT professional, due to my busy schedule I went for it without much enquiry about various brands. From the first day itself it used to make an irritating sound which is not normal in other TVs. The TV has got lot of so called features like Diginet, Black Stretch, Digital Noise Reductionetc,etc which significantly improves the picture quality and reduces the noise for channels with weak signal strength. but inspite of these features the picture quality is not good for weak signals.

It came as a surprise when I switched on the TV yesterday(31/08/05) and it didnt turn on at all.I could enjoy my new TV only few hours before it went out of service. I took the TV in hurry because of the ongoing Triseries of India,Zimbabwe and New Zealand. But as I am a ''proud'' owner of an Onida TV, its not my cup of tea! Now let us accept the fact that electronic goods can go out of service but can anyone accept the following fact? All the Onida authorised Service centre phone nos listed in the chart provided by the dealer are either ''out of service'' or ''temporarily disconnected''. Then at last I found a no which was working and I called the no. But the customer care executive at the other hand did not have the basic skills of handling a customer. So from my experience what I can suggest others is that better go for the ones from good brands even if they have less features.

Onida 21 Black FGL