Haveli No. 6/8, One Style Mile, Kalka Das Marg, Mehrauli, Delhi NCR 110030, DL

+91-11-29574444, +91-9810235472

Gurgaon India
Olive Bar and Kitchen
Sep 25, 2015 01:08 PM 1640 Views

As a west Delhiite Punjabi taking pride in his liberal paunch, I must claim that I eat out at least 5 times per week. And from that figure, I make it a point to visit 3 new places. Amongst the mandatory 3 new places, Olive Bar & Kitchen was the first for this week, and By Golly, I may have to skip going to other new places for quite a while now since I want to go back to Olive as of now. It was goddamn good.

And as prior stated, since I'm a puritanical Punjabi eater, theoretically there was nothing much on paper for me to hoard on(Olive being an European haunt), but they had everything just about sublime in order to keep my culinary emotions overflowing. It was just not the nourishment, it was a lot-LOT past that makes Olive an outstanding place to dine at; ideally with the one you cherish, just as I did.

Presently, since I'm not the best person in the world to comment on the authenticity of European sustenance, I'd refrain from criticizing any of the items I had there. Instead, I'd just describe them each quickly:

1. Tangy Yogurt: This was the first of the many complimentary things bestowed upon us by the Head Chef, putting a smile on our faces. It came in a shot glass, and was a decent starter.

2. Burrata Caprese: It was cheesy & buttery with a great amount of sour cream on top of the sliced tomatoes. My mouth still waters.

3. Chicken & Celeriac Terrine: It was a small sliced square-shaped meatloaf mixed with chicken. Came with salad. Developed on me, and I ended up loving it.

4. Chunk with Salsa plunge: The waiter came grinding the salsa dunk in substantial stone container to accompany a fat freshly prepared piece of Italian bread. My partner & I just kept on nibbling on it like small kids.

5. Fettuccine Primavera: Ribboned pasta cooked in pesto was the vegetarian main course, and it didn't disappoint one bit. Had every one of the vegetables in the world.

6. Crisp Skin Chicken Breast with Black Pepper Drip: A beautiful chicken breast garnished with crisp chicken layer and veggies. It became much more amazing after having bathed in dark pepper dribble. I ate up on it till my tummy could accept no more.

7. Mango Panacotta: Whoever said that the best is saved for the last would've surely been a customary at Olive. The desserts were absolutely divine. This particular formula had vanilla pudding, mango jam and the off-season mango.

8. Tiramisu: I am still awed by what the way this particular item was arranged and dressed. Olive's Tiramisu sets another benchmark in my mind for Tiramisus the whole way across the world. Coffee dessert accompanying coffee macaroon on top and a salted coffee mash at the bottom sandwiching a tiramisu. It was superb. I have not tasted a better dessert for quite a while.

9. Lemon Macaroons with Crispy Chocolate: While we were asking for our check, the waiter politely asked us to sit tight since he wanted to get us another complimentary dessert in the form of tangy lemon macaroons matched with crispy white chocolate. It worked as a good appetizer.

There are always concrete merits in a restaurant which has stood for the longest of time to continue to appreciate such a high rating. With Olive, there are several merits, the biggest one could be their topnotch service. Right from the word go, the staff makes you feel so special that you're certain to question all your prior dine-outs elsewhere. This is unadulterated good old hospitality at work not at all like a plethora of fine dining in Delhi where "methodology, " "power" or "money" assume vital roles in making/breaking the arrangement. Here, everyone was incredibly useful & kind.

I wouldn't just end this survey without extolling the effectively extolled breathtaking ambience of this place. If not for anything else, one could just come chill here to delight oneself under the comprehensive tree on the comfortable cushioned seats stopped on white pebbles. My better half kept on droning what a beautiful evening it had been, and even a "puritanical Punjabi" couldn't disagree by any stretch of the imagination. Olive needs to be visited to accepted.

Olive Bar & Kitchen - Mehrauli - Gurgaon