Academics:

Administration:

Extracurricular Programs:

Alumni Network:

Next to Thunderzone Amusement Park, Greater Mohali, State Highway 12A, Mohali 140307, PB

CBSE,CIE,IB

+91-172-4983137

Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh India
The First and Best IB school in Tri City
Aug 12, 2016 05:08 PM 9738 Views
(Updated Aug 12, 2016 05:49 PM)

Academics:

Administration:

Extracurricular Programs:

Alumni Network:

When I come to write about this school, I can't help travelling back in memories to my schooling days and I can't express enough how much I crave to be a child again and go back to learning again in Oakridge. Infact I don't miss the opportunity and whenever possible I do go and attend sessions at school or even take a class to understand what is being done for the kids and trust me the school very much encourages parents involvement as they follow a philosophy that education is not just limited to school hours and the same atmosphere needs to be present at home as well.

Not saying that other education patterns are not good(We are what we are today because of that education only) but the kind of open to learning and exploring environment is created through IB is something really great.

The kids are not just cramming things up to score marks, they are actually becoming life long learners. This actually help them learn all the time and moreover whatever they are taught in school is not just limited to books but practical implementation and correlation to day to day activities is very well established helping them understand the concepts more strongly.

Apart from studies my kid has started to enjoy the co-curricular activities immensely. This all round focus or rather exposure to multi fold areas help in bringing out the actual talent inside the kids. The philosophy behind this enquiry based learning is that since all individuals are not same and every one would have one talent or the other, providing an opportunity to learn in their own fashion will in future make them more successful in whatever they wish to do in life.

In the end I would just say that if the parents are looking for this kind of learning environment for their kids, going to this school would the best decision for them but in case your aspirations are like the other competitive environment schools, please don't go there as this would confuse the kid even more.

I think I have taken the best decision of my life by putting my elder son here, just wish that it gets a little more affordable but at the same time do know that managing all this infrastructure etc. has a lot of cost attached to it.

Oakridge International School - Mohali - Chandigarh