Nokia

My views on N93i
Nov 10, 2008 04:41 PM 3518 Views
(Updated Nov 10, 2008 04:43 PM)

I purchased this phone a year back and it was the only phone by then in India which had Wi-Fi. It was my dream to own this phone when it was launched!

It was great to use other than a few drawbacks here and there. As usual with the n-series, the phone switches off and on by itself many a times especially when surfing the net. It gives a sense of fear to see the display slowly black out of the blues.

Eight months had passed and I was traveling in the southern parts of Tamil Nadu and I opened my phone to take a few pictures. The screen was totally black! I thought it must be some minor problem which occurs often. The phone starts up and the outer display works but the inner TFT screen had blacked out completely!

Lucky I had warranty for my phone and I could change the display. Three months had hardly passed and one day I could spot a small black spot at the left bottom corner of the screen. It started to grow day by day and It became a big black balloon kind of a structure right in the middle of the screen. Hardly two days passed and the screen went black again. Remember, I keep my phone very very carefully, protecting it from water, light and heat.

I took it to the nearby Nokia care here in Chennai and they said they can't do anything about it and I had to change the screen by paying Rs.3200/-.

I changed the screen after a lot of thinking, added to the promises from the nokia care saying that this problem will not arise again (giving me a limited warranty for a period of two months).

I was so happy getting a new screen for my phone and three months had passed, again the same problem occured. This time from the top left hand corner of the screen. It spread out and covered almost the whole screen leaving a blue outline!

Nokia phones are popularly known for its reliability and long life...but I feel its over by the time they rolled out the n-series. Each time I walk into a Nokia care store, I find hundreds of n-series phones lying there for repairs.

Is there any solution for this at all? Somebody please suggest me on what to do as I spent almost Rs. 37, 000/- purchasing this problematic phone. I will try and post the pictures of my screen.

Guys please don't buy this phone at any given cost!

Nokia N93i