Nokia

Bangalore India
N80 - No love at first sight
Nov 26, 2006 03:46 AM 3886 Views

H I !

This phone is certainly no love at first sight.

I was looking for a phone within the range of 15-17 k and NOKIA 6270 was my liking...i then realized that technology evolves and 6270 soon be outdated (may be 6 months)

then watched prices of the latest phones on sify.com->shopping

liked the price on N80, but not the looks....the features were amazing...3MP Camera, FM, 128 RAM (sales package) and the best one -> WLAN

i realized that no phone other than Nokia (N-series) have WLAN...so this meant it had the best technology and will not be called outdated for at least 24 months...so bought it !!

i( know you may be talking about GPS technology on phones...lets keep that aside...it cost 50k+ for those phones and will take 3 yrs for becoming a trend)

OK so ...Paid 23K @ Big Bazaar Bangalore (Mid Nov 06)

Initially I started hating the phones and most reviews on this site rated it bad...

i was on a hangover of the various con comments and did not have the patience to respect this phone...

Just 2 days later when I got this phone on office WLAN I just was amazed by the technology working on such a small device... I configured my Gmail account and now can access mails anywhere on free Access points (not tested but sure there are many around Bangalore)

Internet browsing was at good speeds...the phone had REBOOTED while browsing but thishas now stabilized...

Sound is not that great but it is good to listen to Radio/MP3's/.RM's whatever...

Pictures taken during night/low light is not that impressive, BUT the one's in the day light are awesome....initially it takes patience to understand the pixel mode and ___ mode...

But certainly a good camera...you can post the pics on Web/ share it with friends with Pride!

Display is good!

I liked to open excel, ppt, word files on the phone...the formatting of the documents did not change and looked good on the mobile screen...however note that office files are read only...so no write/ edit

I haven't tried the other features of the phone...will update when done.

Users working on Windows XP may feel getting back to Win 98 while working on this phone YES it is Slow...humm...don't worry you will get used to it after a weeks operation!

Every phone I guess has pros and cons .. but with N80 if you have serious issues/ complaining...may be it's your fault in not understanding the device

Thanks for Reading,