Nokia

Nokia 9210`
Mar 26, 2002 10:28 AM 4827 Views
(Updated Mar 26, 2002 10:28 AM)

Good Points:

Within two days of purchase, I was productive with all the features being a field person. I can read and respond to corporate emails. I can browse the web and post on some web sites. I was able to bring copies of my Word, Excel, and Powerpoint files on the device. Traffic jams is no longer an issue while on a cab. The device has not conked out on me with 16 MB RAM. It has been two weeks and it has changed my lifestyle mobility-wise. I was able to deliver a talk using the device containing my manuscript as we ran out of ink to print out a hard copy. I could give copies of the talk for people with IR-interface with their notebooks rather than promising them to send it on their emails. It is small enough not to be noticed from the platform.

I was able to backup using either infrared or serial. I was able to customize the ringtones using Nokring software. I was able to replace the desk wallpaper with one I chose. There were some naughty wallpaper pictures that I discarded

Bad Points:

I would have preferred a leather case that is vertical rather than horizontal. The infrared fails when backing up the entire device have to revert to serial for that; it is alright for other synchs per category.

General Comments:

The screen was the first thing that I fell in love with on the nokia 9210 phone. The volume was good. In the office I use the speakerphone although in the field I use the handsfree kit. I was just told that if I took out the earpiece but kept the handsfree attached, they were able to call my phone, hear me talking, but am not aware of the fact. I still have to figure out whether that's something to do with the handsfree or the anykey respond setting.

I have accepted it to be 'bulky' compared to my T28s. But, I didn't it buy it for the phone. I was to buy an iPAQ!

I have tried the audio, video, and games. I only downloaded reversi. All the other games don't seem to be functional. I can't find a version of the Windows plain Solitaire. The arcade game doesn't even have to me it seems a working demo.

It is stable and the battery lasts me past 16 hours and I still have the last single bar. That's good enough for me for the present.

I gave up waiting for a better version of the R380e from Ericsson. If they had color, mobile Office, & multimedia today I would have not made the switch.

Nokia 9210